Rapid Fire works in notepad but not in mame games (e.g. 1942)

rob_hynes

Rapid Fire works in notepad but not in mame games (e.g. 1942)

Post by rob_hynes »

Hi,

Rapid-Fire works in notepad but not in mame games (e.g. 1942). Is there something I need to do to get it to work ?

Thanks

Rob

SGTCableDog
Xpadder Xpert

Re: Rapid Fire works in notepad but not in mame games (e.g. 1942)

Post by SGTCableDog »

MAME uses an input method that is not compatable with Xpadder without patching MAME. Jonathan has made patched versions of popular versions.

rob_hynes

Post by rob_hynes »

Hi - thank you for the reply. As mame was working with xpadder (everything except rapid-fire) I assumed I was using an older version of mame which was compatible. I don't understand how editing "#define FORCE_DIRECTINPUT 0" and setting the value to 1 would make rapid fire work but I'll sure give it a go when I get home from work. Here's hoping! :)

rob_hynes

Post by rob_hynes »

Hi - I downloaded mameuifx32-0.137(Xpadder).zip and am now running mameuifx32.exe which works fine but rapid-fire still does not work. I'm using an xbox controller and in mame have assigned the fire button to Y and A buttons (top and bottom). I've assigned rapid fire to the Y button but there's no difference in using Y or A buttons in the game. Neither rapid fire.

Has anyone successfully got this to work? Is there a step I'm missing? (Tried on 1942, Ghosts and Goblins - no dice)

Thanks

Rob

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Post by Primal Fear »

Does it work if you select a longer time for the turbo (maybe 2 seconds).
Maybe MAME translates the rapid input into hold key, in this case nothing could change this.

rob_hynes

Post by rob_hynes »

Tried that - no dice - thanks for the suggestion though.

Rob

SGTCableDog
Xpadder Xpert

Post by SGTCableDog »

Turbo only acts on the emulated keyboard presses assigned with Xpadder not the actual raw controller data. In MAME assign fire to a key and then in Xpadder assign that key to the buttons and it should work.

rob_hynes

Post by rob_hynes »

Yup - that did it. Thanks CableDog!

koopan

Post by koopan »

SGTCableDog wrote:MAME uses an input method that is not compatable with Xpadder without patching MAME. Jonathan has made patched versions of popular versions.
This link no longer works. Was this supposed to be a link to a version of mame that is already recompiled to work with Xpadder? I found the walkthrough tutorial here:
http://xpadder.com/forum4/viewtopic.php ... 436#p11436
I just don't understand why each person has to go through all of these steps. Has anyone already done all of this work and can share the end result? :?:

Return to “Xpadder not working in game”