Games won't read controller!

JayRiot

Xpadder won't emulate in games!

Post by JayRiot »

I have the program running fine, I setup my profile and all that. My controller works great outside video games, I can move it around on my desktop like a mouse and right-click and use the keys as buttons all perfectly, but as soon as I start up a game nothing registers on the controller anymore. Why isn't xpadder emulating my keyboard and mouse in games but it does on the desktop and everywhere else? Did I forget to do something? Help please!

EDIT: I created this same topic in the bugs section, sorry. I'm trying to delete it but idk if I can.

SGTCableDog
Xpadder Xpert

Re: Games won't read controller!

Post by SGTCableDog »

Two common problems are Vistas UAC and Anti-hacks like GameGuard. If you are trying to play a free MMO like MapleStory then GameGuard is blocking Xpadders process. Some games that use HackShield works with Xpadder. Or if you are using Vista you can try running Xpadder as administrator. Close Xpadder by right clicking the icon in the notification area/system tray and choose "Close". Then right click the Xpadder.exe application file in explorer and choose "Run as administrator...", click through the dialogs then load your profile and start your game. Games that use PunkBuster run with elevated privledges silently and requires Xpadder to run as administrator. This is a limitation of the game and not Xpadder.

JayRio

Post by JayRio »

Thank you so much :]. Running it as an administrator fixed it.

FARSTRIDER
Xpadder Xpert

Post by FARSTRIDER »

also the final build of 7(just installed the 7 enterpize rtm eval copy) when left with default uac option will do this aswell

Return to “Xpadder not working in game”