Xpadder suddenly stopped working with Oblivion using OBSE.

contrabardus

Xpadder suddenly stopped working with Oblivion using OBSE.

Post by contrabardus »

I've been playing Oblivion for quite a while. However, when I went to play it today, Xpadder wasn't working anymore for no good reason.

It's very strange, because nothing has been updated, changed, or is any different on my PC than it was before. I'm using the same version of OBSE, Oblivion, and Xpadder I was the last several times I played.

Xpadder works fine otherwise, I can play other games and it works in windows as well. However, as soon as I open OBSE and try to play Oblivion it cuts off Xpadder for some reason. As I said, this is very strange, because it was working yesterday, and the day before that using the exact same setup. In fact, I'm now 20 hours into the game using this setup and absolutely nothing has changed in any of my settings. Yet somehow, Xpadder does not work all of a sudden.

I can't figure this out. Absolutely nothing is different from when it last worked, no updates, no security settings, nothing. As soon as the Bethesda title screen appears, Xpadder is blocked somehow.

I'm running AMD Fusion, but it was working fine with that before, and still works with everything else. I'm also using Iz3d for stereoscopic 3d. I've modded the game, but that's not it either. I'm 20 hours in using these mods, and it cuts out when I start Oblivion, not when I try to load a saved game. Oblivion still works otherwise, I can play using the Mouse and Keyboard fine.

It's just not seeing Xpadder anymore just out of the blue, and I can't figure out why not. I'm at a loss here and I can't get my head around why it wouldn't be working. Like I said, absolutely nothing has changed in my system at all. There isn't anything different from when it was working fine whatsoever. It's very strange.

SGTCableDog
Xpadder Xpert

Re: Xpadder suddenly stopped working with Oblivion using OBSE.

Post by SGTCableDog »

contrabardus

Post by contrabardus »

Yeah, I was. However, coming back to it today, it has mysteriously started working again. This was very odd, it stopped working for a day. I tried all sorts of things, restarting several times, a couple of full shut downs, checking to see if it was running as admin, other games, etc... Nothing worked, but it still functioned with all my other games and even Oblivion without OBSE turned on.

However, the issue seems to have cleared up for some reason. I have no idea why, as I haven't actually changed anything. Everything is back to the way it was set to begin with, and it works again. I tried for a couple of hours to get it working on my own before I posted here to no avail.

Thanks for the reply, but I'm left confused on this one. It decided to just stop working for about 24 hours or so, and has now gone back to functioning as before. I have no idea what happened, but I'm glad it's decided to work again. I am left wondering what happened though, but I can live with that. I'll update if the problem crops up again, but it's working fine now.

SGTCableDog
Xpadder Xpert

Post by SGTCableDog »

As long as it keeps working we'll blame it on high solar flare activity. :shifty:

Return to “Xpadder not working in game”