The final word on MAME configuration with Xpadder ?

dangermouse

The final word on MAME configuration with Xpadder ?

Post by dangermouse »

So i bought this, and have managed to follow some instructions to configure hyperspin with xpadder all works fine.

I want to now start to configure the 360 controller for the emulators.. and first up is MAME.

Ive done some searching and was shocked to see that there was no clear answer for this.... i mean i did find something that said you need to recompile mame... WTF ???

This should be relatively easy and a profile should be available for mame right ?

Can someone give the final word on mapping mame with xpadder so i can play games... THAT ITS.. lol :evil:

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Re: The final word on MAME configuration with Xpadder ?

Post by Primal Fear »

The problem is MAME and not Xpadder, recompiling the program (as Jonathan has explained) or asking the developers to allow emulated input again are the only things you can do about it.

dangermouse

Post by dangermouse »

Primal Fear wrote:The problem is MAME and not Xpadder, recompiling the program (as Jonathan has explained) or asking the developers to allow emulated input again are the only things you can do about it.
Hi PF,

Ok so recompiling would be you need to recompile with each new version of mame right ?

So why can it not emulate ? i mean isnt xpadder suppose to be a layer on top of mame for control, if it can control other games, systems, programs then its only an assumption it can do mame... maybe im wrong.. not sure, i guess there are technicalities with mame.

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Post by Primal Fear »

Yes you need to recompile the the program for every new version. But I must say that I'm neither familiar with MAME nor with the recompiling process. If you have any questions about it, you should ask it in the topic for the recompiling process so Jonathan may answer it.

Return to “Xpadder not working in game”