Anyone got this working with PAYDAY 2

michael_onuoha2002

Anyone got this working with PAYDAY 2

Post by michael_onuoha2002 »

I only own Payday 2
Watched tons of youtube tutorials, Read tons of posts on this forum, Paid the $10 for xpadder, setup wireless xbox 360 controller, created profile, launched payday 2 game through steam from taskbar, Opens up and game responds to controller presses to advance to the main menu BUT....
once im on the main menu it STOPS responding to the controller. Only the keyboard.

Funny thing though is that it works when I open up NOTEPAD

Ive tried running as administrator, running in windows xp sp3 mode etc. Not working

Im using windows 8.1 64bit by the way. Once I close out xpadder, the game works fine with the xbox controller. But unfortunately has no way of changing the button configs in game.
This is freaking annoying coz all I want to do is toggle my LB for LT & my RB for RT.....That it!!!! Otherwise the game works fine without xpadder. I am just used to playing payday 2 on the ps3 and I want my aim to shoot and fire buttons for LB & RB.

Any help would be appreciated

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Re: Anyone got this working with PAYDAY 2

Post by Primal Fear »

If a game has native controller support that cannot be disabled in the it's own settings, this will almost every time collides with Xpadder in a way that either gamepad input is preferred or that both are working at the same time with more or less significant problems. In your game it's probably the case that the game ignores all keyboard and mouse input if anything is pressed on a gamepad (you can test this with your keyboard while holding a gamepad button).

Try if possibility 1. or 4. (or eventually 2.) from here is helping you.
michael_onuoha2002 wrote:Ive tried running as administrator, running in windows xp sp3 mode etc. Not working
You can disable the compatibility mode as it's not necessary. "Run as admin" on the other hand should make sense as this game is a online game, so it has most likely an anti-cheat protection and that means it's pretty sure running as admin too.

Return to “Xpadder not working in game”