Can´t get work AutoProfiles for my FLightSim (BlackShark)

Can´t get work AutoProfiles for my FLightSim (BlackShark)

Post by 1945 »

Hi all,

i tried arround for several hours now, but i dont get it.

I use the following controllers and would like to "autoprofile" them to my other Sims (DCS:BlackShark, DCS:a-10C, Arma2, etc.):
G940 Joystick with Throttle and Pedals, 2x Thrustmaster Cougar MFD´s, 2x Saitek Pro Flight Throttle Quadrant

Now the Problem:
I configured all my controllers and made profiles. In the autoprofiles settings i put the profiles and the execution path of the flightsim.
Now, when i start the game, xpadder recognizes it and change the profiles but not at the right places. So i have MFD-Profile instead of the appropriate Throttle assignement for example.
I dont understand why the profiles constantly get mixed up.

Maybe someone can find an elementary issue in my configs:

I hope somebody can help me for that :)

Greetings

SGTCableDog
Xpadder Xpert

Re: Can´t get work AutoProfiles for my FLightSim (BlackShark)

Post by SGTCableDog »

Thank you for providing lots of information, it made it real easy to find the problem.

First the note about deleting the red marked profiles. Xpadder reads the ini file at startup and writes it when it closes, the settings are stored in memory while Xpadder is running. If you edit the file while Xpadder is running then all changes are lost when Xpadder closes and rewrites the ini. Also the entries you are trying to delete are only the most recent profiles which appear when you click the profile name box.

Your issue is the order of the Autoprofile entries. They will need to match the order of the controllers. I can see from the controller section that your first controller is the F16 MFD 1 (super cool :leftthumbup: ), your first Autoprofile should be "Blackshark MFD 1.xpadderprofle". You can edit the existing profile in the Autoprofile section of Xpadder settings.

So the order of the Autoprofile entries should be:
  • Blackshark_MFD_1.xpadderprofile
  • Blackshark_MFD_2.xpadderprofile
  • Blackshark_G940_Joystick.xpadderprofile
  • Blackshark_G940_Throttle.xpadderprofile
  • Blackshark_G940_Pedals.xpadderprofile
  • Blackshark_Saitek_(I can't determine which).xpadderprofile
  • Blackshark_Saitek_(other one).xpadderprofile
It's ok to other game watches before or after these entries like your A10 game. (also real cool)

Post by 1945 »

Big THANK YOU man! :D

That was it. Sometimes things can be so easy...
I must really say that this "little" tool is the best i have ever payed for. Its very usefull for Flightsims and their often complicated keybindings.
Great Job!!!

But i have still a little question:
How can i assign more than two analog axis under "Controller Settings" --> "Sticks" ?
Because i have lots of analog axis on my G940 Flightsystem and cannot assign them all.

And is it possible to perform splitted zones on the analog axes so you can use several keystrokes per axis?
This is often needed for Flaps or Engine where you have to assign different steps.
If not, it would be very nice in future maybe for all flightsimmers arround the world.

Greets,

SGTCableDog
Xpadder Xpert

Post by SGTCableDog »

1945 wrote:How can i assign more than two analog axis under "Controller Settings" --> "Sticks" ?
Currently Xpadder is limited to two sticks with two axis each and a pair of analog triggers per controller. Jonathan may be adding virtually inlimited number of sticks in a future version of Xpadder.
1945 wrote:And is it possible to perform splitted zones on the analog axes so you can use several keystrokes per axis?
This is often needed for Flaps or Engine where you have to assign different steps.
If not, it would be very nice in future maybe for all flightsimmers arround the world.
This is possible using advanced assignment feature of Distance Zones. With distance zones you can split each axis into a number of areas that will preform the assignment as the stick enters that area. Xpadder can't perform different assignments for increasing or decreasing the stick axis. For example the flaps, if the sim uses [F4] to increase flaps and [F5] to decrease flaps; you could create an assignment of:
[Distance zone 20%][F4][Pause][Distance zone 20%][F4][Pause][Distance zone 20%][F4][Pause][Distance zone 20%][F4][Pause]
This would divide the axis into five segments and send a single [F4] keystroke as the the stick moved into each of the last four zones. When you move the stick down, the same [F4] keys are sent. Jonathan is currently working on a update to the advanced assignment system called "Slot Machine" and it may allow these type of assignments.

Post by 1945 »

Jonathan may be adding virtually inlimited number of sticks in a future version of Xpadder.
This sounds quiet well...hope it doesnt take too long
This is possible using advanced assignment feature of Distance Zones.
Thats a good hint! I´ll try out.
Thank you man! :D

Greetings,

Post by 1945 »

Sorry to disturb again but i dont find the advanced assignment feature of Distance Zones.
I have Version 2010.11.17 of Xpadder. Is there a updated one maybe?

Kloreep
Xpadder Xpert

Post by Kloreep »

I believe there is a newer version if you check the Download Xpadder forum. However, Distance zones have been in for a while and that version should have them.

Click the Advanced... button in the lower right of the initial, basic assignment window:

That should bring up a window that looks somewhat like this:

(Though in the latest versions like 2010.11.17, it looks a bit different. There should be a distance zone option alongside Hold/Release/etc.)

Post by 1945 »

Thx, i found it now!

But i have problems to assign it.
What i like to do is, to assign 4 steps per axis-direction on the G940 throttle-wheel. Every time i push the wheel a little bit forward, it schould "press" the desired button only for ONE time.
I tried arround different things with "stop cyclus" between and other many things but i dont get it working. Mostly the simulated "keypress" doesnt stop when i push the wheel a little bit.
Maybe you can give me an example screeny for that. This would really help me, because i have further axis with this "behaviour" and its not really usable in my flightsim.
Hope you still have some patience with my lack of configuration skill...

Greetings from Austria,

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Post by Primal Fear »

This is a known bug.
So unfortunately this doesn't work yet.

Post by 1945 »

Ah, ok.
I hope Jonathan will find a solution for this because its a very important feature for especially for flightsims...

Thx so far

Greetings,

Return to “AutoProfile problems”