Autoprofile not working

laggerific

Autoprofile not working

Post by laggerific »

I have two joysticks that I'm trying to configure for use with xpadder, and I only need them to be active for 1 particular application. I've setup 2 profiles that I want to be run using the autoprofile configuration. For some reason, though, when I launch the .exe file that I've configured autoprofile to watch, it completely ignores this, and I have to manually attach profiles to the sticks.

Any thoughts on what might be going wrong here? I'm on a recent version as of a month ago or so, and running Windows 7 64-bit.

laggerific

Re: Autoprofile not working

Post by laggerific »

Well...I was just tweaking with it, and decided I'd try and have it do it based on recent windows versus manually selecting an exe...selecting the title of the window of the program I was running seems to have been a good work around...I'm curious, though, why it wouldn't be able to do it based on the .exe. Either way, just happy it is working as expected.

SGTCableDog
Xpadder Xpert

Post by SGTCableDog »

Maybe the .exe is just a launcher.?

laggerific

Post by laggerific »

Yeah, I was thinking that, which lead me to look into recently opened windows. That said, I thought I had checked the process list and it was there, but that was awhile ago, so perhaps not. I'm glad that the tool gives various options to ensure one way or another it could do it right. It's working perfect now, starting up and stopping when the app runs.

operez1783

Post by operez1783 »

Im having an issue with getting xpander to work i made a profile and stuff and i created an autoprofile and it says its active but when i try to play the game it doesnt use any mapped buttons i made for it, help?

SGTCableDog
Xpadder Xpert

Post by SGTCableDog »

Does the profile work if you disable the autoprofile feature? If so then the game may be using an alternate window for game play. You should be able to find it in the recent windows dialog.
If it still doesn't work with autoprofiles disabled then you may have to run Xpadder as administartor.

Return to “AutoProfile problems”