command line / load profile when steam enters Big Picture mode

Cuzzin Chizzy

command line / load profile when steam enters Big Picture mode

Post by Cuzzin Chizzy »

How exactly does one go about using the command line profiles I've read about in the faqs? I've been looking in xpadder for a place to be able to use these settings, but I must be missing something.

I want to be able to load a blank profile when Steam Big Picture mode is opened. The problem is that both steam's regular view and BP use the Steam.exe.
I was however, able to make a shortcut that opens steam directly into Big Picture from the desktop.

F:\Games\Steam\Steam.exe -start steam://open/bigpicture

Can I do something similar with command line profiles and have steam watch for
Steam.exe -bigpicture
or something close?

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Re: command line / load profile when steam enters Big Picture mode

Post by Primal Fear »

First: This sub forum is for posting ready setup profiles. Please post any questions and technical problem about Xpadder in a fitting section there in the help section.

Xpadder can only read the execution file or the Window title. So as long as Valve doesn't change the Window title according to the current mode, Xpadder cannot determine which mode is currently active. I would recommend to use a two-way set selector to switch to a empty set by pressing Start or Back when the Big Picture mode is active.

And btw, you don't need to use starting parameter to always start Steam directly into Big Picture mode, there is a setting for that.

Cuzzin Chizzy

Post by Cuzzin Chizzy »

Ok, thanks for the heads up on the posting. The way these forums are set up are a little different than I am used to.

I do currently have a set selector as you have mentioned, I just prefer very polished setups.

The reason why I have steam start to bip picture mode with those parameters is because I have a multiple monitor setup. I use xpadder to switch from my monitor to my tv using display fusion hotkeys, and then activate a Windows shortcut hotkey to start big picture mode from the controller, which is "F:\Games\Steam\Steam.exe -start steam://open/bigpicture" Cntrl + Alt `

This way when I'm at my computer in front of the monitor and want to use my mouse and keyboard, steam starts automatically in regular mode, which is better for keyboard and mouse navigation IMHO.

But I still can open to BPM on my tv, without having to change any steam launch settings, by simply pressing two buttons on my controller if I'm on the couch. Obviously if Steams already open, in regular mode, I can simply press the guide button to launch Big Picture.

geezanansa

Post by geezanansa »

Brilliant solution Primal Fear had overlooked that simple solution.
I too was thinking more along the lines of Cuzzin Chizzy in somehow setting a script associated with the home button (which i so far have managed to leave unassigned in my <default> windows profile) after not being able to find a separate process for bpm.
Really am enjoying using xpadder for windows and steam though it has been a bit of a mission to get xpadder and osk and alt + tab working and all loading at boot time. Thanks to these forums it made it possible. Finding my set up a fairly realistically usable configuration however i am struggling to think of how i could free up a button to assign for set selection and do not want to use three sets just for the sake of one button. Here is my default windows profile config which seems to work pretty well for web navigation and steam client running in normal mode (along with osk for typing):

Code: Select all

;--- Xpadder Profile File ---
DataType=Profile
Version=2012.05.01

[Profile Settings]

[Set Settings]
Set1StickDeadZones=64,191
Set1StickDiagonalSizes=89,76
Set1TriggerDeadZones=1,40
Set1Stick2Mode=FourWay
Set2TriggerDeadZones=34,34
Set3TriggerDeadZones=34,34
Set4TriggerDeadZones=34,34
Set5TriggerDeadZones=34,34
Set6TriggerDeadZones=34,34
Set7TriggerDeadZones=34,34
Set8TriggerDeadZones=34,34

[Assignments]
Set1Button1Slots=Left Mouse Button (1)
Set1Button2Slots=Mouse Wheel Down
Set1Button3Slots=Right Mouse Button (2)
Set1Button4Slots=Mouse Wheel Up
Set1Button5Slots=Middle Mouse Button (3)
Set1Button6Slots=Space
Set1Button7Slots=Escape
Set1Button8Slots=Enter
Set1Button9Slots=Windows Logo Left
Set1Button10Slots=Backspace
Set1DPadUpSlots=NumPad +
Set1DPadRightSlots=Tab
Set1DPadRightTurboRate=30
Set1DPadDownSlots=NumPad -
Set1DPadLeftSlots=Left Shift
Set1Stick1UpSlots=Mouse Move Up
Set1Stick1UpMouseSpeed=76
Set1Stick1UpMouseMode=Cursor
Set1Stick1RightSlots=Mouse Move Right
Set1Stick1RightMouseSpeed=76
Set1Stick1RightMouseMode=Cursor
Set1Stick1DownSlots=Mouse Move Down
Set1Stick1DownMouseSpeed=76
Set1Stick1DownMouseMode=Cursor
Set1Stick1LeftSlots=Mouse Move Left
Set1Stick1LeftMouseSpeed=76
Set1Stick1LeftMouseMode=Cursor
Set1Stick2UpSlots=Arrow Up
Set1Stick2UpMouseSpeed=94
Set1Stick2RightSlots=Arrow Right
Set1Stick2RightMouseSpeed=100
Set1Stick2DownSlots=Arrow Down
Set1Stick2DownMouseSpeed=94
Set1Stick2LeftSlots=Arrow Left
Set1Stick2LeftMouseSpeed=100
Set1TriggerLeftSlots=Alt
Set1TriggerRightSlots=Left Control
What i am trying to achieve is simply get xpadder to load an empty profile so that when the home button is used to launch steam bpm the currently loaded windows profile does not affect bpm input. I would prefer if some how AutoProfile can be used.

Any help or advice on achieving this using AutoProfile, freeing up a button to be used as set selector or any other method would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Return to “AutoProfile problems”