Easy number input.

stebbyman

Easy number input.

Post by stebbyman »

So, trying to set this up for dragon age...using wireless 360...i believe you fight/attack by a quickbar (numbers 1-0). I'm thinking a good way to program this would be something like this. The right joy is already set up for some camera and movement...can you hold a trigger down, which could replace the right joys config with a circlular cylce through of 1-0, then release the trigger to select that number. soo. your running around and you want to attack...you hold the Rtrigger, point your RJoy directly right that equals 3 then release the Rtrigger to tell the game that that hold+direction combo on your pad = 3 on the keyboard......once you let go of the trigger your running around again...something like that....
A better suggestion be cool too.

I havn't played Dragon Age yet so....kinda banking on the pad working. Thanks for any help this programs pretty slick.

SGTCableDog
Xpadder Xpert

Re: Can you hold trigger to replace joy axis to 1-0

Post by SGTCableDog »

Code: Select all

;--- Xpadder Profile Data ---
Version=5.7
Name=(Untitled profile)
Set2Stick2Mode=EightWay
Set1TriggerRightSetSelect=1
Set2Button10Slots=HOLD ZONE 0.10s,5,PAUSE 0.01s
Set2Stick2UpSlots=HOLD ZONE 0.30s,2,PAUSE 0.01s
Set2Stick2RightSlots=HOLD ZONE 0.30s,6,PAUSE 0.01s
Set2Stick2DownSlots=HOLD ZONE 0.30s,8,PAUSE 0.01s
Set2Stick2LeftSlots=HOLD ZONE 0.30s,4,PAUSE 0.01s
Set2Stick2UpSlots=HOLD ZONE 0.30s,3,PAUSE 0.01s
Set2Stick2RightSlots=HOLD ZONE 0.30s,9,PAUSE 0.01s
Set2Stick2DownSlots=HOLD ZONE 0.30s,7,PAUSE 0.01s
Set2Stick2LeftSlots=HOLD ZONE 0.30s,1,PAUSE 0.01s
Set2TriggerRightSlots=HOLD ZONE 0.30s,RELEASE ZONE 0.01s,0,RELEASE ZONE 0.30s
Set2TriggerRightSetSelect=0
This will give you what you want mostly. Hold the right trigger and move the right stick to one of the eight directions for the outer numbers layed out like a phone. You'll need to hold it in position for 3/10 of a second then the command will execute once. Press the center stick button for 5. For 0 you just squeeze and release the right trigger. If its held longer than 3/10 of a second then 0 is not sent.

I couldn't get the command to wait for the release of the trigger but the advantage here is you can send number one after another by just moving the stick to a new position.

Hope it helps.

Oke_Doke
Xpadder Xpert

Re: Can you hold trigger to replace joy axis to 1-0

Post by Oke_Doke »

Good tip.
As you know, many mmorpgs use the number keys for skills/spells.
I gave up trying to use an 8 way directional for skill slots cause I found it impossible to hit diagonals reliably without accidentally hinting adjacent skills.
I'll use this & give it another try. It will help me boil down the controls to 1 or 2 sets in Guild Wars.

Thanks

(Maybe this should be included under the new Profile Advanced Tips?)

Return to “How do I do this combo/sequence?”