Click + Drag mouse on right stick

CRIP4LIFE

Click + Drag mouse on right stick

Post by CRIP4LIFE »

i am trying to configure xpadder to play the new mmo Aion.

in order to move camera in game, you must rightclick mouse, then hold it and drag camera.

how do i map this function to the rightstick? (i can map mouse move fine, but can't figure out how to assign click/hold+drag)

Re: Click + Drag mouse on right stick

Post by Guest »

i found my solution.

thank you.

CRIP4LIFE

Post by CRIP4LIFE »

ok...

i halfway solved my problem...

75% of the time, my right-stick mapping works fine. for reference, in aion, to move camera you must click AND hold to DRAG mouse.

like 75% of the time this works... the other times, i see my mouse cursor moving across screen as i move the right-stick. so, it's registering the mouse move ok but, most times, not the mouse click & hold.

any way to make sure the mouse click/hold are registered all the time?

Jonathan
Xpadder creator

Post by Jonathan »

Try this by copying the text below and pasting it into Xpadder using the Profile menu:

Code: Select all

;--- Xpadder Profile Data ---
Version=5.5
Name=(Untitled profile)
Set1Stick2UpSlots=Mouse Move Up,Right Mouse Button (2)
Set1Stick2UpMouseSpeed=32
Set1Stick2RightSlots=Mouse Move Right,Right Mouse Button (2)
Set1Stick2RightMouseSpeed=32
Set1Stick2DownSlots=Mouse Move Down,Right Mouse Button (2)
Set1Stick2DownMouseSpeed=32
Set1Stick2LeftSlots=Mouse Move Left,Right Mouse Button (2)
Set1Stick2LeftMouseSpeed=32
This will move the mouse and hold the right mouse button down at the same.

wowiezowie

Post by wowiezowie »

Bumping this, I tried that pasted code and it still works sporadically for me, I.E. mouse movement will work but the right-click part wont register a bunch of times. I tried to fiddle around with the dead zone/emulation speed/etc. and still can't get it to work reliably :cry: . If there's a solution in the works that would be great, in the meantime I've only been able to get by with a toggle as right-click.

Jonathan
Xpadder creator

Post by Jonathan »

Try using my pasted profile on the desktop. Try it out with the real mouse first so you know what it should look like. I get a rectangle filling the point from where I start to the point where the mouse pointer currently is. The moment the stick stops moving the right-click menu pops up. Does it work as expected for you on the desktop?

e4521efc81e0605c

Post by e4521efc81e0605c »

Thanks for the reply. I tried it on the desktop and it works just as you said. I tried to reproduce the problems I have and, well, haven't. I don't get why in-game it isn't consistent like the desktop example. :?

Jonathan
Xpadder creator

Post by Jonathan »

Let's see if it's a problem with Xpadder mouse emulation. Create a simple profile that moves the stick with the thumbstick. Now assign the right-mouse button to one of your controller buttons.
In the game move the mouse around with the stick.
Now hold the controller button you set the right-mouse button to and move the stick around.
Try holding and then releasing the controller button before, after and while moving stick around to test it out.
Does it behave exactly like the physical mouse should?

e4521efc81e0605c

Post by e4521efc81e0605c »

It works perfectly in that example too. I made a quick video capture to give an example of the problem I get where I show the desktop example + in-game w/Xpadder in the background. I don't know why an hourglass is there when the right-click is triggered but that's part of the video capture I guess, but anyways you can see what I'm talking about when it goes sporadic in-game :shock:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=971UHVSI

Jonathan
Xpadder creator

Post by Jonathan »

I watched the video and was very confused about why the stick was blue in the deadzones! I then noticed many strange colours in the entire image so I guess either the video or my player is playing up.
Either way, I think I know what the problem is.

When the stick goes into the deadzone Xpadder is releasing both the mouse movement and the right button. This is the problem.
When you did the desktop test in the video the right-click menu kept appearing when your moved the stick into the deadzone. With a real mouse the menu never appears until you finally let go of the right mouse button.

You can either lower the deadzone to keep the analog assignments active all the time (but this may make the stick too sensitive).
The best thing to do may be to put the right-mouse click on a trigger and hold it while the stick moves the mouse only. You could also put the right-mouse click onto the right stick button and set it to toggle.

Return to “How do I do this combo/sequence?”