Ctrl + Alt + Del?

samjc3

Ctrl + Alt + Del?

Post by samjc3 »

Is it possible to make xpadder do a simultaneous keypress for Ctrl + Alt + Delete?

I have tried both setting all 3 buttons on one button (A = Ctrl + Alt + Delete) and assigning each to a different button, and pressing them all at the same time. (Ctrl = Rb, Alt = Lb, Del = A) However, neither of these sequences work. I have tried placing pauses, breaks and such, but cannot get it working. Any ideas?

Also, If I cant get it working, can I change the keypress required for opening task manager?

Reason I need this, is that in my application, touchscreen and controller (using Xpadder) are the only controls. There is no keyboard or mouse onboard, but I need to be able to monitor, and, if necessary, kill programs.

EDIT:
I got it working. I made a shortcut to taskmgr.exe and applied a shortcut to it. Its a perfectly viable solution, but I stall cannot figure why Ctrl + Alt + T works, but Ctrl + Alt + Del wont.

Terra Branford
Xpadder Xpert

Re: Ctrl + Alt + Del?

Post by Terra Branford »

I don't know why "Ctrl+Alt+Del" doesn't work with Xpadder... I think it has something to do with Windows' self-preservation tools, and not allowing anything outside of a real controller to use these types of key sequences.

You can try "Ctrl+Shift+Esc" in Xpadder (it has the same effect)... that ~should~ work.

FARSTRIDER
Xpadder Xpert

Post by FARSTRIDER »

must be xp i presume

SGTCableDog
Xpadder Xpert

Post by SGTCableDog »

"Ctrl+Alt+Del" doesn't work because of how PC's (IBM clones) work. The BIOS traps this sequence of scan codes from the keyboard and issues a special command via a non-maskable interrupt. It is a type of low level command that in DOS would soft-boot the computer. Since it was non-maskable, you could still soft-boot the computer even if the computer crashed. When OS's started running programs in "virtual memory" spaces this function wasn't as neccesary. Since this is a hardware function call it can't be recreated in software. Windows uses this as a saftey feature for logging into a domain since someone has to be at the keyboard to hit the keys.

Return to “How do I do this combo/sequence?”