Trying to find info on hold keys

tekkentag_king

Trying to find info on hold keys

Post by tekkentag_king »

example in a game i might wish my 360 controllers x button to click to draw weapon and hold to holster.

i did find something on it but when i was reading i got a power cut and couldn't find it again. Hope someone can help me quick cause i wanna get some profiles set-up

Many thanks Bigjim

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Re: Trying to find info on hold keys

Post by Primal Fear »

This assignment works like that (Dpad up),

Code: Select all

;--- Xpadder Profile Data ---
DataType=Profile
Version=2010.11.30
Name=(Untitled profile)
Set1DPadUpSlots=RELEASE ZONE 0.01s,A,RELEASE ZONE 0.30s,HOLD ZONE 0.30s,B
How to download a profile. If you shouldn't know that already.

tekkentag_king

Post by tekkentag_king »

ok so with that command the A and B represent the keyboard strokes that are used?

i still can't find that really in depth explanation i found earlier lol

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Post by Primal Fear »

Yes, A and B are only examples.

Explanation how "Tap and Hold" works:
At first, the times of identical zones will add up each other.

The Tap assignment (first three slots)
Actually this is a Release assignment. The 0.01 Release Zone is the start and the 0.30 Release Zone is the end for it. So if you press the button for between 0.01 and 0.31 seconds, Xpadder will perform the assignment between them (in this case "B") after the button was released. But if you have been hold it for longer than that, nothing will be pressed on release since there is no assignment after this Release Zone.

The Hold assignment (slot four and five)
The 0.30 Hold Zone is the start for the Hold assignment, but it will also ends the Release Zone before it. So if you hold the button for 0.30+ seconds, Xpadder will perform the assignment after it (in this case "B"). Xpadder will hold this key as long you hold the button for it, since there is no other Hold Zone after it that would end the assignment.
You can imagine an invisible 0.00s Hold Zone at beginning, so assignments without any zones will be automatically hold assignments.

The times for the Tap and the Hold assignment will overlap 0.02 seconds. So principally it would be necessary to make the 0.30 Release Zone 0.28 or the Hold Zone 0.32. But I never had problem with these 0.02 seconds and it is easier to do like that, so I would suggest to ignore this.

Return to “How do I do this combo/sequence?”