Single and Double tap button Asignments or How too!

mcdonaly

Single and Double tap button Asignments or How too!

Post by mcdonaly »

Is it possible to use one tap of a button for one action and two taps of the same button for another action. This would not neccassarily be a cycle. A cycle would mean pressing button x once for an action and then cycle to the nex action for the same button. I am looking for one tap of the button to do one thing and a double tap to do something different. If I used Button X to shoot with one tap of the button and then cast a spell double tapping the same button. One tap, one action. Two taps a different action. Can this be done and can someone please explain how this should be assigned?
Thankyou.

Jonathan
Xpadder creator

Re: Single and Double tap button Asignments or How too!

Post by Jonathan »

This would require a new feature called cycle reset. For now the closest you can do is tap or hold assignments.

mcdonaly

Post by mcdonaly »

could you go into tapping or holding assigments deeper? the closest i have gotten is a cycle as I am not as smart as the software or equipement I am using.
Thankyou

fael097

Post by fael097 »

if you managed to do cycles, you can easily do a hold command.

tap is the single quick press, and hold, you can determine a time to hold your button, so xpadder will do another action.

Kloreep
Xpadder Xpert

Post by Kloreep »

The syntax for a tap-hold assignment looks like this:
[Release Zone, 0.01 seconds] [Key pressed when tapping] [Release Zone, X seconds] [Hold Zone, X+0.01 Seconds] [Key pressed when holding for at least X seconds]

You need both release zones there to make sure the "tap" key is pressed only when you tap, and not when you hold.

e.g.:
[RZ 0.01 sec] [A] [RZ 1.00 sec] [HZ 1.01 sec]
In this example, if the assigned button is pressed for 1 second or less, Xpadder will emulate the A key (but not B). If the assigned button is pressed and held for more than 1 second, Xpadder will emulate the B key (but not A).

mcdonaly

Post by mcdonaly »

To all all three, thankyou so much for such a quick and active response. I did not believe that I would actualy recieve responses and then a resonable walk through with examples. Thank you all so much for responding.

mcdonaly

Post by mcdonaly »

I did exactly what you said to do and it works great. It does take some getting used to but it's so awesome, thankyou all.

Return to “How do I do this combo/sequence?”