How do I have a key combo press once?

zelkian

How do I have a key combo press once?

Post by zelkian »

I'll explain my how I want to my set up to work and what I've tried first. I've read a few threads that were similar to what I want, but I can't seem to understand exactly how I can apply it to what I want to do.

I have an emulation PC that runs Hyperspin and when I'm in an emulator I want to be able to exit the emulator with my gamepad. To do this I would like to hold the "start" button my gamepad for 3 seconds and then have Xpadder press "alt+f4" once to close the program.

So in my advanced options menu for the "start" button I set this: (3 second hold) (alt)(f4) (3 second release)

This kind of works, but the problem is that it seems to take longer then 3 seconds for the key combo to trigger and when it does happen if I hold it for too long it closes Hyperspin too like it's pressing alt+f4 more than once, which I imagine is what is happening.

So, to sum up, I want to hold my "start" button for 3 seconds then have Xpadder do "alt+f4" once

How do I do this?

Edit: Just thought about this, my intent is not to have to time how long I hold "start" just to be able to hold it and after 3 seconds it does the key combo thus making it sort of idiot proof

Reboot
Xpadder Xpert

Re: How do I have a key combo press once?

Post by Reboot »

You need a “3.00s Hold Zone” “Alt F4” “0.01s Pause”

Hold the button for 3 sec, and that will give you one “Alt F4”.
Hold the button for another full 3 sec, and you will get another “Alt F4”.

Reboot.

zelkian

Re: How do I have a key combo press once?

Post by zelkian »

Thank you for the response! I'll give this a shot when I get home.

Return to “How do I do this combo/sequence?”