typing a sequence of letter by pressing one button

casafossat

typing a sequence of letter by pressing one button

Post by casafossat »

Hi,

I tried to enter a sequence of keyboard keys using just one button of my gamepad.
It did it, but:
1. the sequence I configured was not typed correctly when I tested it (I am using an AZERTY keyboard, and it seems that keys are typed as if it were a QWERTY keyboard)
2. it wasn't possible for me to get the letter "M", whatever key I tried.

Any suggestion?

Errol
Xpadder Xpert

Re: typing a sequence of letter by pressing one button

Post by Errol »

casafossat here's something you can do since you're using an AZERTY keyboard. Go directly into the game's option and see if there is the possibility to remap the key/s. Then you can make a note of the changes and map it to Xpadder. Keep trying until you can get the correct one to match Xpadder. That which is already working for you do not need to be changed only the key/s that is not working you'll need to do that.

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Post by Primal Fear »

Did you try to assign the Semicolon key (so the key that is in English layout on the place of the key you want to assign) by clicking on it in the Xpadder Assignment windows? Worked good for me so far.

SGTCableDog
Xpadder Xpert

Post by SGTCableDog »

casafossat wrote:1. the sequence I configured was not typed correctly when I tested it (I am using an AZERTY keyboard, and it seems that keys are typed as if it were a QWERTY keyboard)
You need to add a pause between each letter otherwise Xpadder will try to send all letters at once and the letters will be sent in alphabetical order.

bingoze

Post by bingoze »

I just worked this out tonight.

There's a box you can checked at the bottom of the Advanced Assignment window which is "Auto-Add Sequence Pauses".

Click this before typing in the series of keystrokes, and pauses will automatically be inserted between each one.

My friend and I used it to type Train here when we hit the Start button in Realm of the Mad God. :0)

Return to “How do I do this combo/sequence?”