tap button hold key?

akelly305

tap button hold key?

Post by akelly305 »

On my mouse i had a sequence programmed in that if i tapped a button would hold W for 1 second then hit R and release W and R then hit the C key. I can't figure out how to replicate that with xpadder. I see HOLD and RELEASE but that is for holding and releasing the button on the game controller. Any help would be appreciated.

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Re: tap button hold key?

Post by Primal Fear »

Xpadder doesn't handle the keyboard and mouse input with hold and release. The Hold and Release Zone are defining how the controller button has to be pressed to trigger different assignments. You can find more informations about that in my Advanced Assignments Tutorial.

However, what you want to do is called a Sequence in Xpadder. To create a Sequence, you have place Pauses between the key presses. The standard key tap time is 0.10seconds, so to press W for one second you have add 10 times W with Pauses of 0.00s between each. You can activate "Auto-Add Sequence Pauses" to get the Pauses automatically, just configure the time before to 0.00.
Then I guess you want to still hold W and also press R once, so you add WR after another Pause. If you have activated the "Auto-Add Sequence Pauses" option you simply delete the Pause between W and R. Then another Pause and C, that's it.
You can change the standard key tap time by clicking on the tool symbol next to the profile name, but it isn't really necessary or useful here.

You may think now that is is pretty stupid that you have to add W for 10 times. With a the current Nightly Build you can also change the key tap time within the assignment with the new Tap-Time Slot, so it's just a matter of time until this isn't necessary anymore in the Stable Release.

akelly305

Post by akelly305 »

Ok thanks for the help primal. Might have another work around for this if its possible. I have the sequence bound to a button on my razer naga. It's button number 5 on the thumb grid of the mouse. Is there any way to set game controller to that button on the mouse? I see you can bind a handful of mouse buttons but this mouse has like 18 buttons on it so im not sure if its even possible to bind those extra buttons on the mouse.

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Post by Primal Fear »

No, by standard a mouse can only have up to 5 buttons. Technically these twelve side buttons are a different device that cannot be emulated with Xpadder.

Return to “How do I do this combo/sequence?”