joystick as mouse.

bluewidow

joystick as mouse.

Post by bluewidow »

so, i use a cyborg graphite to emulate my mouse, only, you guessed it, games like Saint's Row III, Red Faction: Armageddon, and now just tonight, Syndicate, WILL NOT HEAR OF IT. 99% of my games work with this, and the few that don't, i just need to unplug the stick before starting the game. but not those three. i even emailed THQ [SRIII] asking if there was a .cfg i needed to edit, or .dll i needed to delete to stop the game from picking up my stick after i plugged it back in during the game. the response was basically "BAHAHAHAHANO", so those games sit on my shelf, unable to be used. so yeah, is there ANYTHING i can do? i tried the modded xinput, but i'm either not doing it right, or it only works when the input is an actual pad, not a joystick.

cheers for any help, guys. :leftthumbup:

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Re: joystick as mouse.

Post by Primal Fear »

Your joystick is a DirectInput controller and the xinput1_3.dll blocks only Xinput, so it won't have any effect for the controller. The most current game only support Xinput, so they will only work with Ximput controller such as the Xbox360pad.
I know your problem from Dead Space and one or two other games (I cannot remember exactly). They support DirectInput controllers, but as the gamepad input cannot be configured. So they are usually not even playable with a DirectInput controller, as the buttons are mixed up.

You can try the file in this post to block DirectInput from the game.

bluewidow

Post by bluewidow »

i assume you mean the dinput8 file. if so, where exactly do i put it?

Errol
Xpadder Xpert

Post by Errol »

Yes its the same dinput8 file, you have to place it directly in the game's directory where the game's .exe resides.

bluewidow

Post by bluewidow »

well, syndicate still isn't working, but i expect that's because it's new and you guys haven't fiddled with it yet. but RF:a works now, and i'm trying saints row III. cheers guys. :)

bluewidow

Post by bluewidow »

yeep, so SR3 works too. just not syndicate. in any case, thank you guys very much for the help. :)

Return to “How do I do this combo/sequence?”