Tap, Hold, & Double Tap assignments on 1 button possible?

donalbane

Tap, Hold, & Double Tap assignments on 1 button possible?

Post by donalbane »

I want to make a button on my xbox controller do something when I tap it, something else when I double tap it, and a third command when I hold the button down. I know how to do press vs. hold, so I can now program tap/hod commands easily, but I am planning on playing a game with numerous commands, and wanted to know if I could use double taps in conjunction with tap/hold commands.

So while looking into this, I have read this tread about cycle stops (http://xpadder.com/forum4/viewtopic.php ... 137#p13755) but I don't see a way to make the cycle reset itself after a set amout of time. (In other words, I don't see how it is possible to make the xbox Y button perform key A when I tap it, key B when I double tap Y, and key C when I hold Y. All I can do is either tap/hold or make it cycle through 3 keys, neither of which is adequete for what I'm trying to do.)

Any ideas about how to pull something like this off?

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Re: Tap, Hold, & Double Tap assignments on 1 button possible?

Post by Primal Fear »

That's not possible. The only thing I could suggest is using the Set Selection.

donalbane

Post by donalbane »

Thanks for letting me know. Seems like if you had the cycle stop auto-reset after a given (ideally adjustable) amount of time, it could be a possible feature in the future - assuming it wasn't a button that would be pressed repeatedly in a quick sequence. Oh well... I'll have a look at set selections.

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Post by Primal Fear »

I have tinkered something.

Code: Select all

;--- Xpadder Profile Data ---
DataType=Profile
Version=2012.01.19
Name=(Pasted Profile (Untitled profile))
KeyTapTime=2
Set1Button2Slots=RELEASE ZONE 0.01s,PAUSE 0.00s,RELEASE ZONE 0.30s,PAUSE 10m00.00s,PAUSE 10m00.00s,PAUSE 10m00.00s,PAUSE 10m00.00s,PAUSE 10m00.00s,PAUSE 10m00.00s,PAUSE 10m00.00s,PAUSE 10m00.00s,PAUSE 10m00.00s,HOLD ZONE 0.30s,A,CYCLE STOP,RELEASE ZONE 0.01s,B,RELEASE ZONE 0.30s,HOLD ZONE 0.30s,C
Set2Button1Slots=PAUSE 9.99s,PAUSE 0.01s
Set2Button1Toggle=1
Set2Button1SetSelect=0
Set2Button3Slots=RELEASE ZONE 0.01s,PAUSE 1.00s,A,RELEASE ZONE 0.30s,PAUSE 5m00.00s,HOLD ZONE 0.30s,B,CYCLE STOP,C
Set2Button3Toggle=1
Set2Button3SetSelect=0
Set2Button5SetSelect=0
1.If you hold B, Xpadder will hold the A key. Then, on release, the nine Paused of 10 minutes each will prevent Xpadder from switching into the second Cycle for 90 minutes (as long as the button is not going to be pressed again).
2.If you double tap B, Xpadder will tap the B key.
3.If you first tap and then hold B, Xpadder will hold C.
One small problem is, if you only tap B once then Xpadder is in the second Cycle until you press the button again.

It's just experimental, so there may still be improvements possible.

donalbane

Post by donalbane »

You are so smrat! Far smrarter tahn me! (And bettar spellar to!)

Seriously though, you are smart!

InTheCatBoxAgain

Post by InTheCatBoxAgain »

This would be a very welcomed feature if Jonathan could implement it.

rossharris121

Post by rossharris121 »

Code: Select all

;--- Xpadder Profile Data ---
DataType=Profile
Version=2012.05.01
Name=(Untitled profile)
Set1Button1Slots=RELEASE ZONE 0.10s,A,RELEASE ZONE 0.40s,HOLD ZONE 0.40s,C
Set1Button1TurboRate=2
Set1Button1SetSelect=1
Set1Button2Slots=B
Set1DPadRightSlots=8
Set2Button1Slots=B
Set2Button2Slots=RELEASE ZONE 0.10s,A,RELEASE ZONE 0.40s,HOLD ZONE 0.40s,C
Set2Button2SetSelect=0

I think this is the only way to implement with xpadder. basically how it works is this:
there are two sets that are exactly opposite of eachother as far as button assignments.

this would take some memorization to get used to but would work.

if you start the game with xpadder loaded into set1 above you can do this.

don't ever push B while you are in set one and don't ever push A when you are in set 2.
so if you start out is set one you have 3 options as far as pushing button A according to your requests above.

If you want to just tap A once to return A just tap A for between .10s and .40s.
if you want to double tap A and return B you just have to tap A real fast and it will switch sets and then you can press A one more time and it will return B
If you want to just hold A you have to hold it for at least .40 seconds and then it will return C.
Everytime you hit A though the set will switch to 2.
If you are performing the double tap then you can tap A one more time and it won't switch sets and it will return B. Other than that and for all other buttons presses for A after set one the buttons are now swapped. So you have to know that in your mind you are in set 2 so then you do exactly the same things as if you were in set one but you do it with button B and not button A.

Return to “How do I do this combo/sequence?”