assigning keys to buttons

dlfv92c

assigning keys to buttons

Post by dlfv92c »

sorry if this has already been answered but i have looked and can not find the answer.
im on a PC and i need to program these 2 keys < > but i can not find them on the keyboard
or a way to change the keyboard from caps to lower case.

much thanks for any help i may get.

and BTW i want to thank you for this program as im a bit of a knob on most of the tech stuff
but i have found your program to be pretty easy to use,and have also been a member here for quite a while now.

TIA

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Re: assigning keys to buttons

Post by Primal Fear »

These keys are not on the assignment window keyboard, that's correct. What you have to assign to get > and < depends on your keyboard layout. With UK and US layout you have to assign "Shift" and "," or "Shift" and "." .
If you use a layout that have this input on different keys than the US/UK layout, then the best way is to look on your real keyboard which key you need to press. Now you click in the assignment window on the key that is on the same place (and if necessary on shift before). This usually works fine.

You can disable/enable Caps Lock by assigning this key, but Xpadder cannot detect if Caps Lock is already on or not and and trigger this button only in one of these situation. So you you make sure that it is off before pressing the button with these assignments.

dlfv92c

Re: assigning keys to buttons

Post by dlfv92c »

thanks for the help works fine now

Return to “How do I do this combo/sequence?”