BUG: releasing button executes sequence

adaweawe

BUG: releasing button executes sequence

Post by adaweawe »

I will try my best to explain.

==========
Set2Button2Slots=RELEASE ZONE 0.01s,F2,RELEASE ZONE 0.10s,

RELEASE ZONE 0.10s,1,2,3<==this is my trick to end the sequence when released. It "overwrites" and ends the HOLD.

HOLD ZONE 0.10s,1,2,3PAUSE 0.10s,1,2,3,PAUSE 0.10s,1,2,3,PAUSE 0.10s,1,2,3,PAUSE 0.10s,1,2,3,
repeat, repeat, repeat.....
==========

I want a button that can:

TAP = execute key(s) A
HOLD = infinitely loop key(s) B, until button is released

Unfortuantely however, when I hold the button exactly for .10s and release, the entire sequence is executed. I don't want this.

Also, i would like to be able to infinitely LOOP B, rather than have a sequence that ends. I think both options should be available.

I'll check back for replies

Thanks
PS amazing software you've made.
Last edited by adaweawe on 26 Jul 2012, 20:26, edited 1 time in total.

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Re: BUG: releasing button executes sequence

Post by Primal Fear »

WEREWASWAS wrote:Unfortuantely however, when I hold the button exactly for .10s and release, the entire sequence is executed. I don't want this.
I cannot see any bug.
If you hold the button for exactly 0.10s or more, the Hold Zone will be triggered and so the Sequence that it contains will be executed. A Sequence will be executed once completely, except there is another Hold or Release Zone that will be triggered, you press this button again or if you switch to another Set using a different button. So your trick aborts the Sequence when releasing the button, but actually it's enough to only place a Pause in the Release Zone. Alternatively you can use Hold Zones instead of Pauses.

WEREWASWAS wrote:Also, i would like to be able to infinitely LOOP B, rather than have a sequence that ends. I think both options should be available.
Therefore would be a slot based turbo or repeat slot necessary, you can suggest that in the Suggestions sub forum. At the moment you can only paste the profile into Notepad and copy&paste the part of the Sequence to fill at least a specific amount of time.
But be aware that there is a technical limitation: Xpadder can handle only a certain amount of characters per button. If the button contains too many character, you cannot open the Advanced Assignment window for that button anymore without causing Xpadder to crash. But the assignmnet itself can still be executed.

adaweawe

Post by adaweawe »

"If you hold the button for exactly 0.10s or more, the Hold Zone will be triggered and so the Sequence that it contains will be executed. A Sequence will be executed once completely, except there is another Hold or Release Zone that will be triggered, you press this button again or if you switch to another Set using a different button. So your trick aborts the Sequence when releasing the button, but actually it's enough to only place a Pause in the Release Zone. Alternatively you can use Hold Zones instead of Pauses."

Thanks.

But is there a way to make the sequence NOT execute fully when I press the button for only .10s?

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Post by Primal Fear »

Yes, (like I already wrote) by placing a Release Zone with a Pause at the end of the assignment or by using Hold Zones.

Code: Select all

;--- Xpadder Profile Data ---
DataType=Profile
Version=2012.05.01
Name=(Untitled profile)
Set1Button1Name=Release Zone
Set1Button1Slots=A,PAUSE 0.10s,B,PAUSE 0.10s,C,PAUSE 0.10s,D,PAUSE 0.10s,E,PAUSE 0.10s,F,PAUSE 0.10s,G,PAUSE 0.10s,H,RELEASE ZONE 0.01s,PAUSE 0.01s
Set1Button2Name=Hold Zones
Set1Button2Slots=A,HOLD ZONE 0.10s,HOLD ZONE 0.10s,B,HOLD ZONE 0.10s,HOLD ZONE 0.10s,C,HOLD ZONE 0.10s,HOLD ZONE 0.10s,D,HOLD ZONE 0.10s,HOLD ZONE 0.10s,E,HOLD ZONE 0.10s,HOLD ZONE 0.10s,F,HOLD ZONE 0.10s,HOLD ZONE 0.10s,G,HOLD ZONE 0.10s,HOLD ZONE 0.10s,H
Read here how to download a profile.

adaweawe

Post by adaweawe »

ok I did not understand how to implement that part until i saw your example. but now it works great.

Thank you!!!

Return to “How do I do this combo/sequence?”