hierachy of the commands/events

rockeumel

hierachy of the commands/events

Post by rockeumel »

Hi

i have a question about the hierachy of the commands in a assignment.
A assignment always starts on the left and ends on the right of all events and that in a chronological order?

Exist a way to get a hierachy of events like that (it's only an example):
(X, HOLD ZONE 0.31s, Y) DISTANCE ZONE 85% (C, HOLD ZONE 0.31s, A)
or something like "if-then-else", in that way it is possible to defining main- and sub conditions, and which one of them is superior.

thanks

ps.: sry for my bad english, i hope it is understandable

Darkitow

Re: hierachy of the commands/events

Post by Darkitow »

As far as I know, the commands that have a condition themselves are ignored if said condition is not met. For example if you put a hold zone for 0.5s and then a release zone for 0.01s, if you press the button for 0.5s then release, it will do both commands in that order. But if you held the button for less than 0.5s, it would ignore the first command and go directly to the second.

Also, I'm not entirely sure of how it works, but commands of the same type with different timers override each other. If you put a release zone with 0.01s and another release zone with 1.0s, it will only do the command that meets the requirement at the end of it. So if you press the button and release it under 1 second, it will trigger the first assignment, but if you press it for over a second, it will trigger ONLY the second assignment (even though, technically, the first one was also triggered).

That's the way the tap/hold sequence works. I suppose it's possible to create somehow a hierarchy of events based on hold, release and distance zones, based on that.

rockeumel

Post by rockeumel »

My Problem at the moment is, that a tap-time-slot at the start of a assignment influenced all following slots.

Cycle 1/1
HoldZone 1/1 (if button down for 0.01s+)
DistanceZone 1/2 (if button moved 1%>94%)
Stage 1/1 (1 element)
Tap for 0.01s: Left Square Bracket
DistanceZone 2/2 (if button moved 95%+)
Stage 1/1 (1 element)
Tap for 0.01s: Right Square Bracket
No ReleaseZones
The red marked text should be:
While button is down hold: Right Square Bracket

Darkitow

Post by Darkitow »

Uh, what exactly is the sequence you wanna implement then?

rockeumel

Post by rockeumel »

On trigger tap it should activate one key but only once, and on release the same key only once.
But by 95% and above it should activate another key, this key should be activ so long as i press the trigger above 95%.

Like an antitoggle + distance zone.

Darkitow

Post by Darkitow »

Uh, I get it now. First of all, I'm not sure if you should be using the "tap time" assignment for that, but a combination of hold and release zones could work:

With this, when you press the button, it triggers the "A" key only once. When you release the button, it triggers the B key (and since you're releasing the button it should do it only once). Change the "A" and "B" for your desired key and it should do the trick.

Now, I'm not sure how to make the part for the release zones, specially if you DON'T want the previous assignments to trigger if the button is held over 95%. The thing is that the button is going to be registered as going through the "under 95% zone" nevertheless, so I'm not sure how would you make it so it doesn't trigger them. I suppose playing with the times in the hold/release zones should help.

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Post by Primal Fear »

@Darkitov: Whats going on with the icons in your screenshot, they look so pink? Are they always that way?
rockeumel wrote:On trigger tap it should activate one key but only once, and on release the same key only once.
But by 95% and above it should activate another key, this key should be activ so long as i press the trigger above 95%.

Like an antitoggle + distance zone.
This should work:

Code: Select all

;--- Xpadder Profile Data ---
DataType=Profile
Version=2012.12.31
Set1TriggerLeftSlots=A,HOLD ZONE 0.01s,DISTANCE ZONE 95%,X,RELEASE ZONE 0.01s,TAP TIME 0.01s,PAUSE 0.01s,A,RELEASE ZONE 0.01s,A
You can read more about Advanced Assignments in my tutorial.

rockeumel

Post by rockeumel »

Thanks for the replies , i will test it this evening.

Darkitow

Post by Darkitow »

Primal Fear wrote:@Darkitov: Whats going on with the icons in your screenshot, they look so pink? Are they always that way?
Not always but I'm not sure what causes it. It seems that the program doesn't register the "pink background" as "transparent" sometimes.

rockeumel

Post by rockeumel »

Darkitow's solution works great.

thanks for the help :D

Return to “How do I do this combo/sequence?”