Using another sequence within a sequence

eunos17

Using another sequence within a sequence

Post by eunos17 »

I have Button 1 assigned to carry out a sequence of key presses using the advance assignment window.

What I want to do is to have Button 2 carry out the same sequence as Button 1 and then carry on and do some more key presses. Is this possible or do I have to put the full sequence in Button 2's advanced assignment?

Thanks Lee

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Re: Using another sequence within a sequence

Post by Primal Fear »

Do you want to have on Sequence with the first button press and a different on with the second button press? You only need to place a Cycle Stop (red between the different sequences for that.

eunos17

Post by eunos17 »

What I would like to do is this:

Button 1 carries out Task 1 which is a sequence of key presses.

Button 2 carries out Task 1 and then carries on to do Task 2 which is another sequence of key presses.

Button 3 carries out Task 1 and then carries on to do Task 3 which is another sequence of key presses.

Task 1 is resetting the application (it's a sim, iRacing) back into a known state. Task 2 & 3 then do different things from that known state.

I know that I could do it by placing all the button presses from Task 1 into the assignments for both Button 2 & 3 but just wondered if there was a way so that when you pressed Button 2 or 3 they mimicked Button 1 being pressed.

Cheers Lee

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Post by Primal Fear »

The only alternative to recreating the sequence for every button would be to create the sequence for the first button, to copy&paste the profile into notepad, to copy the line with the sequence two time and to change the button number in the copies.
I have explained this stuff in detail here.

eunos17

Post by eunos17 »

Thanks for that, that is what I did and it works fine.

Lee

Return to “How do I do this combo/sequence?”