Question about Distance Zone and creating a profile for Plex (XBMC)

koopan

Question about Distance Zone and creating a profile for Plex (XBMC)

Post by koopan »

I'm trying to create a profile for use with Plex (basically XBMC). To my knowledge Plex does not natively support a controller input. I've never used the advanced settings in creating a profile before and so far I've been unsuccessful in creating a fast forward function using the analog stick on my 360 controller. What I want to have happen is the farther I push the analog stick to the right the faster it will fast-forward. Plex uses the 'F' key to fast forward. The more times you push 'F' the faster it will go (increments are 2x, 4x, 8x, 16x, 32x I think). So this gives me 5 thresholds for the Distance Zones. So each time a new zone on the analog controller is passed I want Xpadder to press the 'F' key again. My problem is, as I'm holding the analog stick to the right Xpadder continues to repeatedly press the 'F' key over and over again. This causes Plex to quickly cycle through all of the different fast-forward speeds. What I need is for Xpadder to only press the 'F' key once for each Distance Zone (even if the stick is held at that position). That is step 1. Ideally, the next step is to have Xpadder press the 'F' key as I push the stick further and further, but then press the 'R' key as I begin to release the stick. The 'R' key in Plex is Rewind which also serves as the button to slow down the fast forward speed.

So the main questions are:
1. How can I make Xpadder only press a key once even if the button is held down (in this case an analog stick)?
2. How can I make Xpadder press one button over and over as I further press the stick and another button as I release the stick?

Thanks a lot!

rockeumel

Re: Question about Distance Zone and creating a profile for Plex (XBMC)

Post by rockeumel »

I don't believe xpadder can differentiate between press and release in the Distancezone, it only register that a distance has arrived/exceeded but not in which direction.

Press once F on different distances should be possible, but press R on release on different distances is not possible. (i believe)

Here is an example, how to trigger a button once:
http://xpadder.com/forum4/viewtopic.php ... 446#p18924

Return to “How do I do this combo/sequence?”