Maintaining a Toggle while changing Sets

Flickstiq

Maintaining a Toggle while changing Sets

Post by Flickstiq »

I'm trying to create a profile for The Secret World MMO. I've got 99% of my profile setup and working. The issue that I'm running into has to do with a camera Toggle. In this game, holding down the right mouse button allows you to turn the camera. I'm using a Xbox 360 controller, and I've setup my "B" button to be a camera Toggle (meaning that when I press and release the "B" button, the right mouse button is held down until I press the "B" button again). I've programmed the right trigger on my controller to change to set #2 while it's held down. I have all of my action-bar keys (1-7) programmed in set #2. When I press and hold my right trigger, my camera Toggle releases, which means that I can't move the camera while I'm using the controls in set #2.

So my goal is to use Xpadder to be able to hold down my right trigger to switch to set #2 and also have my camera toggle be maintained while I'm holding down the trigger. So I'm trying to switch to set#2 while my right trigger is held, and also keep right mouse button held down while the trigger is held down. I've tried adding right mouse as an assignment to the right trigger, but it's not working. I also tried to use a "held" command to keep the right mouse button held when the right trigger is held. This also didn't work.

I'm sure that this is a simple command, but I'm not sure what else to try. Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Re: Maintaining a Toggle while changing Sets

Post by Primal Fear »

Profile wide toggle is not possible, but you can assign the right mouse button directly to the right stick (explained here under "(MMO)RPG Camera Control").

Flickstiq

Post by Flickstiq »

Thank you for your reply! I took a look at the solution that you linked, and it would create some conflicts with the way that I'm trying to set this up.

I also wasn't looking for a profile-wide toggle. I expected that this was not possible. However, I am looking to reestablish my toggle after it releases. To provide more detail, this is what I'm looking for:

"B">Toggled -> Holding Right Trigger Releases Toggle -> Holding Right Trigger Enables Toggle -> Releasing Right Trigger releases Toggle

Instead of leaving the Toggle active across the profile, I'm trying to enable and disable the Toggle fluidly as I move between sets. I had this configured perfectly in PGP, but I've stopped using PGP because of instability issues. I'm very happy with Xpadder so far, but I need to figure out this logic so that it works for this need.

So the challenge is that holding the right trigger is turning off my Toggle when I change sets. I need to find out how to make holding the right trigger enable the Right Mouse Toggle again so that the camera stays active as I move between states. In its simplest form, I need to have Right Mouse held while I am holding down the right trigger, and then released when I release the right trigger. I'd be shocked if there isn't a way to do this. I hope that my explanation provides more insight into the way that I'm trying to set it up.

Thank you for your help again!

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Post by Primal Fear »

If it is OK that the right mouse button is not toggled anymore when you return to Set1, then you only need to assign the rmb to the RT in Set2 (of course without toggle).

Flickstiq

Post by Flickstiq »

Thank you! That was exactly what I was looking for. I was telling the right trigger in set #1 to hold down the right mouse. It's working as expected now that I've told it to hold down the right mouse in set #2.

Return to “How do I do this combo/sequence?”