How do I hold a button down to initiate rapid-fire for that button

suratek

How do I hold a button down to initiate rapid-fire for that button

Post by suratek »

I want to enable rapid-fire for (O) button when (O) button is held for x seconds.

Is this possible?

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Re: How do I hold a button down to initiate rapid-fire for that button

Post by Primal Fear »

After assigning the respective key to the button, right click it and click on Turbo. You can also change the turbo rate in the Advanced Assignment window. However, having a delay before the turbo starts is not possible as the turbo screws up the function of the hold zones.

The only thing you could do is not using the turbo and instead adding a Hold Zone (for the delay) in the Advanced Assignment window followed by the key you want to assign and by a pause. Then you copy&paste the profile into Notepad and copy&paste the assignment for this button again and again. Then you can copy&paste the text back into Xpadder. This makeshift turbo would b time limited. Also there is a number slots that Xpadder can not handle anymore (you wouldn't be able to open the Advanced Assignment window anymore for this button), it's very high but still you shouldn't exaggerate the length of the assignment. You should easily be able to fill five minutes with a key tap time and pauses of 0.02s, I guess that's enough

ANiMuS

Re: How do I hold a button down to initiate rapid-fire for that button

Post by ANiMuS »

I know it's been a while, but if anyone's interested, here goes.

Hi suratek. Does this command rapid fire by your games default without a hold zone being made? If so check this out. I was looking into this myself as I wanted to use the same button to cycle through firing modes for this weapon. In other words; tap to change modes, then hold to fire. The weapon rapid fires by default without creating a hold zone. But after creating the hold zone to make room for the cycle tap of its firing mode, it would only rapid fire temporarily. Since it is rapid fire by default I tried something similar to Primal Fear's suggestion figuring I could deal with a rapid fire that stops momentarily. It worked!

Release 0:01 (X) 0:30
Hold 0:31 (O) 1:00 (O) 1:50 (O) 2:00 (O) 2:50

Gave me plenty of steady rapid fire without the breaks I was expecting. And longer than I could ever hope to have a shot on an enemy pilots six :mrgreen:
Sorry, this doesn't work for non-rapid fire commands, I tested for this post. In that case try Primal Fear's suggestion.

Return to “How do I do this combo/sequence?”