How to launch Xpadder from within Steam Big Picture - In case I forget my controls

TGTG

How to launch Xpadder from within Steam Big Picture - In case I forget my controls

Post by TGTG »

Hi

The problem I'm having is that if I forget what controls I set for a game, I have to reach for the mouse in order to check them. And every time I reach for the mouse an angel loses its wings.

Idea 1 - Add Xpadder as a custom Steam game.
Problem - Steam takes focus back within a couple of seconds. My friends list are delighted that Steam informs them over and over again that I'm now playing Xpadder.

Idea 2 - Setup a Windows hotkey for Xpadder. Include this somewhere out of the way on every game profile. I'm thinking something like hold the left thumbstick in to activate set 8 and then hold up on the d-pad for 10 seconds.
Problem - No matter how out of the way, it still potentially conflicts with game controls. I have to go back and add this binding to every profile I've already made.

Idea 3 - Setup a Windows hotkey for Xpadder. Bind this hotkey to pressing the left thumbstick in Steam.
Problem - Big Picture overrides it. Xpadder doesn't launch.

Solution - Upload the information as steam community content. A screenshot as artwork or a guide. Can be private or can be made public in case I wanted to discuss the intricacies of my control scheme with the general public.

Am I missing a more elegant solution?

Return to “How do I do this combo/sequence?”