Is it possible to Alter held key re-entry rate? (character repeat)

halfcoordinated

Is it possible to Alter held key re-entry rate? (character repeat)

Post by halfcoordinated »

This is a bit of an odd question, so I'm not sure if this is even the proper subforum, my apologies if it belongs elsewhere.

When you hold down a key on a keyboard that key gets rapidly re-entered after a moment, like when you would type "aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa" or something of that nature. Xpadder does this as well, but it does so noticeably slower (at least with my wireless 360 pad it does, don't know about other controllers).

This is an issue for speedrunning the game Momodora III, as holding Esc or Enter causes the game to rapidly pause/unpause and resets the gravity (or something) so that jumps can gain extra height. Since xpadder does this slower some skips in the speedrun route become impossible and I have to run another keyboard to gamepad program called Antimicro in tandem with Xpadder for Esc to be entered fast enough. This is somewhat inconsistent, not as accurate, a bit sloppy, as well as questionable in legitimacy to some in the speedrunning community. I am physically unable to play the game with a keyboard due to a disability though, so if there's a fix through xpadder it'd be much appreciated!

Basically, is there a way to speed up how fast xpadder re-sends a held key to match the rate of a regular keyboard? Thanks for any input in advance!

akiwoodoh

Re: Is it possible to Alter held key re-entry rate? (character repeat)

Post by akiwoodoh »

Set assignment to "a"
Turn on turbo
Set turbo to speed desired.
Turn on toggled if desired.

Return to “How do I do this combo/sequence?”