Distance Zone with Walk Toggle (instead of a run toggle)

nwpappas

Distance Zone with Walk Toggle (instead of a run toggle)

Post by nwpappas »

A game I am trying to configure has a discrete "Walk Toggle" mode, which I am trying to put into a distance zone.

By default the character is always running. When I press, and release, the Walk Toggle button a mode is set where the character is now always walking. I can press the button again so that the character is always running again.

How can I sequence a key combo that would allow me to walk or run based on a distance zone with such a toggle?

Mobeeuz
Xpadder Xpert

Re: Distance Zone with Walk Toggle (instead of a run toggle)

Post by Mobeeuz »

I haven't been able to do this in the past, I ended up having to settle on using the stick button as the toggle. What game is this for?

nwpappas

Post by nwpappas »

Thanks for the info. It's for Wildstar, an MMO that I'm giving a second try -- the gameplay lends itself well to a gamepad which is why I'm seeing if I can deal with the genre again. :)

nrmcneill

Post by nrmcneill »

nwpappas wrote:Thanks for the info. It's for Wildstar, an MMO that I'm giving a second try -- the gameplay lends itself well to a gamepad which is why I'm seeing if I can deal with the genre again. :)
Are you Trying to Use MACROS for MMO Gaming! :oops:
I think what you are trying to do is not a Keystroke Emulation at all, but a,"Combination of Key Strokes" that form whats called a,"Macro".
You need to explore,"Mouse Macro's", using your "Higher Quality/Programmable Gaming Mouse", to make,"Keystroke Combinations" work in your application? Keystroke Macro's are used in everyday life by lots and lots of PC Users. There are way to many repetitive typing/actions/tasks that are in fact done by,"Mouse Macro's"1 :geek:
I use Macro Keystroke's in PC's for, Programs/Tasking/Photoshop, etc; but not in the gaming MMO Community as, "Real World Problems/Issues occur when people us Macro's this way. Using a,"Macro" in MMO Gaming may be considered a,"Cheat" to some gaming Communities. :o
Most MMO Games that I know of are very specific on what you can or cannot do while playing their games. Some of these Games even have very Specific Rules you MUST! agree too before you can even start the game that, "Prohibit Macro Usage Entirely". :cry:
In fact, some MMO Games..... such as Battlefield...... consider any kind of "Automated Key Stroke Commands" a "Cheat!"I If a Person is Unaware of this, and uses, "Macros" to help their gaming, and get caught, it can also lead to Suspension of your Gaming or Banning from their Gaming Community for a Period of time or a Total Suspension of your Game Rights to play in their Community at all! too! :o
Be Very Careful on how/where/when; etc, you are using Macro's if you want to keep your,"Good and Fair Game Player Standing". Once the Finger is Pointed at a Suspected Cheater its Real Tough for that Gamer to Prove they weren't Cheating at all! :o The gaming Community is not like The Real World at all. It is not a Public Area, but a Very Private Network that a Syndicate "OWNS!" These same Corporations are also "Judge and Jury too!"
Take Heed, You are now aware of this right?
Please!,Please!,Please!..... ask your Gaming Community about using a "Macro" while gaming in your Community to find out for sure if "MACRO's are allowed If they allow these "Macro's" for Gaming make sure you have a written Copy of this "Statement" Handy.... just in case someone questions your game play... you can send them a copy of this for their files too right? This knife cuts both ways PAL!:shifty:
If your gaming Community does not allow,"Macro Usage at all" in their Games, and you suspect that someone else is using this unfairly as an advantage for some Unknown reason.... then your best way you can,"EVEN UP" this situation is to let a Moderator of your Gaming Community,"INVESTIGATE THE SITUATION", and,"HOPE", "TRULY HOPE" that none of the,"Moderators" are using"Macro's" to their,"Advantage"... :evil: If you suspect a Moderator of this, then the Gaming Community you play into is not worth the time Pal.....Sorry about this, the truth hurts sometimes right?
ITS JUST A GAME! Not a Life Changing Decision....I have no Idea why people do this. Let it go Bro! Just enjoy your COOL Xpadder Program for what its supposed to do! Make any kind of Game Controller, "WORK WITH A PC!
Now.....thats pretty cool snip-snap, I think! :ugeek:
I have since quit playing MMO"S a few years ago, as there was to many people running Gaming Channels this way for some Crazy Reason of the Own?
To each their own I guess, but I'm a ton happier now, using the Xpadder, for at least 5 different types of game controllers too! I :mrgreen:
Be Careful, and Play Fair Pal, and when you do this, you will get many, many, many, friend invites too! ;)
JustNeil2
P.S.
Sorry to be so long about this, but I have been there dammit... and done all of the above too!
Believe me, there are some really weird players in the gaming world that just can't stand loosing in gaming at all....stay away from those players entirely will you?
Just have fun with the Xpadder Program to all types of Controllers, OK?
B.T.W. sometimes a weird thing happens to me too, I actually give out good advice, and help someone become a better player, and be happier too?
Have Fun Gaming. I hope to meet you good gamers in any Game Play Bro! :rightthumbup: :leftthumbup:

Return to “How do I do this combo/sequence?”