Programming the D Pad with a Tap to Execute, Tap to end function

jjetsky

Programming the D Pad with a Tap to Execute, Tap to end function

Post by jjetsky »

I have searched the forum for help with this, but can't find it. I also have vision problems, so I'm sure I missed it.
I have had computer issues, very long boring story, and now have a working powerful computer. When I reinstalled my Steam version of Morrowind, I was unable to use my saved Data Files so I am rebuilding and adding mods.

Here is my specific problem. I had a profile I made which worked for me just fine before when I was on W7, but now, I'm on W8.1. Everything seems to be working except the sneak command. I have it set on my D pad in the bottom on the bottom "button" position. In the past, when I tapped it, my character would sneak, and when I tapped it again, he would stand up. Now, if I don't hold down the "button," he will stand up. I know the keyboard command is left Ctrl, so I looked at my controller in Xpadder and it does say, Ctrl, but next to it is that tool/wrench thing and I can't remember why it's there nor what it was supposed to do. I made this profile years ago, and it's been a long time since I made one, so I'm very rusty.

I don't really want to recreate the wheel, and I'd rather not made a whole new profile from scratch. Please help. Thanks, JJ

jjetsky

Re: Programming the D Pad with a Tap to Execute, Tap to end function

Post by jjetsky »

Nevermind. Apparently I had this same problem years ago. I checked my old posts and found the solution. I needed to click a little blue button on the bottom left hand corner. Works like a charm.

I will be sure to save the profile again.

Return to “How do I do this combo/sequence?”