Xpadder on Startup

robbmcdougall

Xpadder on Startup

Post by robbmcdougall »

I am using xpadder on Windows 7 x64, but have a couple of problems with it:

I have set xpadder to load on startup, which it does it loads and puts an icon in the system tray no problems.

1. Sometimes when I turn my 360 controller on after startup it will function correctly and everything is fine, however other times the mouse just wont move on startup, I then have to pickup my wireless mouse and use it to click the xpadder icon in the system tray, once I have done that everything works fine.

Its just really annoying and I want to be able to boot up my system, turn the controller on and use it from the off every time without having to keep picking up the wireless keyboard before I can use the pad.

2. Sometimes when doing certain tasks such as loading device manager, xpadder will just stop functioning completely.

The same goes if I installing something and windows asks for my permission, xpadder will just suddenly stop.

I am currently using 5.7 which I think is still a beta? If so is this the cause of my problems or is something just not quite set right.

Thanks Robb

mnl1121
Xpadder Xpert

Re: Xpadder on Startup

Post by mnl1121 »

I'm not exactly sure what is wrong with your #1 problem but #2 is caused by UAC which was introduced with Vista and windows 7. Its a security measure. Windows blocks any and all running non-essential windows programs to prevent say a virus from automatically clicking the yes button when the popup comes up. There is no way around it unless you disable UAC.

As for problem #1 it seems that Xpadder isn't responding at startup. Is there a trend to when this happens? Are you trying to turn on the controller to soon, before Xpadder is fully loaded?

robbmcdougall

Post by robbmcdougall »

Ok #2 isnt a massive problem, is there anyway of adding xpadder.exe to the acceptance of windows to allow it to continue through UAC?

Im guessing not otherwise this could be exploited again by viruses in the same way.

As for number 1, no it seems very intermittent sometimes it works others it doesnt. It continues working if a restart the PC and dont turn the controller off, so not sure it can be me turning it on too quickly?

However I will make note and leave the OS to boot for longer before turning on the controller and see if it helps.

Thank You, I will report back and let you know if I figure out what it is, hope I do as its really annoying and want to be able to use my controller most of the time to control my PC.

Cheers

mnl1121
Xpadder Xpert

Post by mnl1121 »

Sorry no unless you completely disable UAC there is no way around it.

You say it continues to work if you restart your PC and you don't turn on your controller? Thats kinda interesting. I would have thought the opposite. Either way once Xpadder is fully loaded and it should detect your controller it should automatically load up your controller layout and profile. Some reason that doesn't seem to be happening. When you click on the Xpadder icon it comes into focus correct? Does it do any kind of animation? For instance when you click the system tray icon Xpadder comes up, does the controller kind of slide up into the window like it does when it loads up the controller layout and profile? Or is your controller already up?

robbmcdougall

Post by robbmcdougall »

If I leave the controller on and restart the PC it continues to work after restart, it wouldnt work if the controller was off though no. Sorry think I worded that badly first time.

When xpadder wont work and I use the keyboard to click the system tray, xpadder just appears instantly. It is there and running, just isnt moving the mouse with the controller, however as soon as it pops up it will instantly move.

Its quite a weird one. Havnt had chance to do any tests on it yes as Ive been asleep, but will run some tests today and try and get to the bottom of it.

Cheers

mnl1121
Xpadder Xpert

Post by mnl1121 »

Any kind of test you can come up with will help greatly thank you. I'm beginning to believe this could be a bug or possibly a driver issue.

SGTCableDog
Xpadder Xpert

Post by SGTCableDog »

I have the same setup, Win7 x64, wireless 360 controller, and can't reproduce this issue. My guess is it may be a program running in the background. That wouldn't explain why it doesn't happen while booting up with the controller on.

robbmcdougall

Post by robbmcdougall »

Ok well you boys are alot more knowledgeable than this sort of thing than me, but I will continue trying to figure it out anyway.

It hasnt done it today though, its very intermittent

robbmcdougall

Post by robbmcdougall »

Really struggling to test anything as it keeps working perfect in every situation over the last 2 days.

Lol not that im moaning about that, just cant help with what causes it not to work, it was like every other boot before, however seems to be fine now.

mnl1121
Xpadder Xpert

Post by mnl1121 »

Ok thats good to hear. If it starts acting up, let us know. It could have been another program somehow interfering with Xpadder.

robbmcdougall

Post by robbmcdougall »

Im guessing it could have been something UAC based possibly?

As that seems to be the only time it stops responding.

Think Im going to turn UAC off anyway as I just find it annoying anyway

Return to “Cannot start Xpadder”