I got it to work before now it doesn't?

surreal_art

I got it to work before now it doesn't?

Post by surreal_art »

Hi. Xpadder worked fine for me for two days. I used an Xbox 360 profile for Elder Scrolls Online. PC Windows XP.
One time I shut off the computer and now when I start Xpadder the Xpadder window pops up, and the seaching icon in the upper left corner moves around like it's seaching. This goes on for hours, nothing happens. So I erased all the original files, paid for it again and downloaded it, installed it correctly, and the new instance did the same thing, the searching icon moves around for hours. I shut down the computer, restarted, removed the Xpadder program and config file, and paid for it again on your website, downleaded it correctly,, pointed to it, started it, with the same result. The search icon moveds, but the sreen never fills up with the icons. It doesn't start. Since it worked perfectly fine on my computer before, how can I get it to work again? I hate playing ESO without my 360 controller.

surreal_art

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Re: I got it to work before now it doesn't?

Post by Primal Fear »

Well basically the answer is "Connect your controller" and "Turn it on, if it is wireless".
http://xpadder.com/forum4/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=3708

There is no need to buy Xpadder a second time, with your forum account you can download Xpadder at any time in the Download Xpadder sub forum.

surreal_art

Re: I said i did install it correctly, read and understand

Post by surreal_art »

I do know how to start the program, all the details. I'm using a wired 360 controller and it always worked perfectly with this laptop.
So it stopped work, just show the Xpadder window, but never starts. I need some help with why it' doesn't start after I go through the screens of
pick your language, default location, etc. I can't stand playing ESO without xpadder's hookup to my xbox 360 wired controller. Why wouldn't the new install work?

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Post by Primal Fear »

The initial startup dialog doesn't appear if Xpadder finds a Xpadder.ini that it has created to save these and other configurations. If you see the main window with this search icon, then Xpadder is running and there should be nothing to fix about the program itself, but as already mentioned there is no controller connected.
My link didn't lead to manual how to start Xpadder, but to the manual "Connecting controller" that explains this search icon.

surreal_art

Re: Thank you, mystery of mysteries, it works now.

Post by surreal_art »

Thanks. After staring it six iimes, even waiting half an hour for it to run, without changing a thing, this time I started it
and it opened with the option to make a new or open a controller file. I led it to my xbox controller, then on the right top to my ESO configuration, and it seems to be running fine now.
I never had a problem playing ESO with this excellent program, Xpadder, by the way. Thanks.

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Post by Primal Fear »

Did you use a different USB-port for the controller this time? That would mean that for the USB port before the driver installation is broken.
Only alternative would that it wasn't correctly (loose USB port, maybe) or not at all connected.

Return to “Cannot start Xpadder”