cannot uninstall to get new version

oregon_cowboy2003

cannot uninstall to get new version

Post by oregon_cowboy2003 »

Hi Jonathan,
I really like your program but I am having a slight problem. I have tried several times to get the new version but tells me that i cant install it untill i close the version i am running. I have tried several times. I have even gone everywhere, and I mean everywhere i can think of to close, delete or what ever so that I can get the new version. Will not let me delete it. says that it is still running, I go to where it says that it is running and still can not delete it. would really like this fixed. want the updated version that you have.
thnx for your time
drad

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Re: cannot uninstall to get new version

Post by Primal Fear »

You find Xpadder in the notification area (also called "system tray"), this is the right side of the TaskBar. Read here how to close it.

To update your current version, simply replace the old Xpadder.exe with the new one. That way you can easily keep old the settings and Xpadder does still know where your profile are located.

oregon_cowboy2003

if it was as simple as a right click i would not be asking for help. I have even went into my hard drive and tried to delete it. and even tried to delete it from my desktop. i get this error. "this action can't be completed because the file is open in xpadder". I did a search for programs and files and found xpadder, tried to delete it and get same error. all i want is the newer version. thnx

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Post by Primal Fear »

And what's the problem with the system tray? Can't you find a Xpadder icon there at all or did you close Xpadder there but it is still supposed to be running?

oregon_cowboy2003

I closed it but it says that it is still running when i try to install the new version. went to where it says that it is running from and can not delete it.

Errol
Xpadder Xpert

Post by Errol »

A very simple way of closing Xpadder if not seen, is to right click on the Task bar to open Task Manager and look on the tab called Processes, scroll down 'til you see "Xpadder.exe *32" highlight it and end process. Now you can replace it with the new version you've downloaded.

If you cannot remember where you've placed Xpadder, then in the same Task Manager in the processes tab right click on Xpadder (i.e. just before you shut it down) and the drop down window that will appear will show you Properties, click on that and it will show you where you have it located.

On another note if for some reason you can't get Xpadder open the normal way its because you've unchecked the box in the Options which is shown as a wrench top right corner of the main Xpadder window. You probably even checked the option to start minimized. So all that can cause you not to see Xpadder at all, except in the Task Manager.

To get Xpadder to show up on the desktop if not shown because of those options chosen as I said previously is to find the directory Xpadder is located and find the "Xpadder.ini"
Now scroll down to where you'll see Options, it will look something like this below; (The options posted are my personal choice for using Xpadder)

[Options]
StartWithWindows=0
AssociateFiles=1
StartMinimized=0
AutoOpenLastProfile=1
ScanForXInput=1
ShowAnimations=0
ProcessNonSelectedControllers=0
AutomaticallyDetectNewControllers=1
MinimizeWhenClosingMainWindow=1
RememberWindowPositions=1
AllowMultiMonitorWindowPositions=0
AutoMinimizeOnOpenProfile=0
ReturnToSet1AfterMinimizeRestore=1
ShowDebugSettings=0
ShowTaskbarButtonWhenMinimized=0
ShowIconInNotificationArea=1
ShowNamesOnButtons=1

Now you'll want to go to the line where it says "ShowIconInNotificationArea=1" and place "1" instead of "0"
You can even set the line where it says "StartMinimized=0" and enable it by replacing "0" with "1"
That way you'll get it to open on the desktop any time you start Xpadder.
StartWithWindows=0 is an option you might want to consider depending on if you use Xpadder frequently. My personal choice was no.

oregon_cowboy2003

wow, for some reason forgot to look in task manager. thank you very much.

Return to “Uninstall/delete Xpadder”