No votes
Worst ever
50%

Total votes: 2

Errol
Xpadder Xpert

Shut down Xpadder

Post by Errol »

Now I know that when you middle click in the system tray next to the clock on Xpadder it will shut down.

Some people or rather newbies don't always know this so I've made a small command that will shut down Xpadder when you click on it and execute it.

Don't worry its not a malicious file but its just a simple batch file that I made...anyone can do it by copying my batch file here and placing it in Notepad and save as "Shut down Xpadder.bat" inverted commas included, or download the simple .exe I've made and place it on your desktop or wherever you choose and you can always execute it to shut down Xpadder.

@ECHO OFF
echo.
echo.
taskkill /IM Xpadder.exe /F
CLS
echo ****************************************
echo.
echo ****** Simple Script to Shut Down Xpadder ******
echo.
echo ****** Done by (place your name) ******
echo.
echo ****** SUCCESS: Xpadder TERMINATED ******
echo.
echo *****************************************
echo.
Pause
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Re: Shut down Xpadder

Post by Primal Fear »

That way Xpaddder won't save any changes, as this is not a clean way to close a program. It's basically the same like going over the Task Manager.

Errol
Xpadder Xpert

Post by Errol »

Agreed Primal.

But I've been noticing some people are having problems to move Xpadder or try to shut it down and not notice it resides in the system tray because its either hidden by choice in the options in Xpadder or hidden by the little white triangle next to the clock.

If you feel its not needed and may cause problems for users then feel free to delete this post. But I'd like for Jonathan to see it first and probably make an input whether its a positive or negative response.

Jonathan
Xpadder creator

Post by Jonathan »

Good idea although the best method would be to use Xpadder.exe /c to tell Xpadder to close itself. This would ensure any save prompts are shown. You would need to add Xpadder to the PATH though or include the full path in the batch file to its location.

Errol
Xpadder Xpert

Post by Errol »

Thanks Jonathan. I see what you mean, but if you noticed, the batch file is sort of universal, meaning that wherever Xpadder resides it will automatically shut down once the batch file is executed.

Now if I use your method then for every individual who has his or her Xpadder setup on there desktop, documents folder etc then they'll have to make there own batch file for there need.

But as I said to Primal my intentions are focused for people who wants to shut down Xpadder or move Xpadder if it is running and they are not seeing it. There is an option in Xpadder to show or not show icon in notification area and that my be a bit problematic for some users not seeing or finding Xpadder although its running. (You know how some people are a bit adventurous and like to tamper with stuff they are not familiar with and then say this not working and then criticize the software saying its not working for them)

But I get your point with the saving of an unfinished profile setup.

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Post by Primal Fear »

Smiley wrote:But I've been noticing some people are having problems to move Xpadder or try to shut it down and not notice it resides in the system tray because its either hidden by choice in the options in Xpadder or hidden by the little white triangle next to the clock.
If someone isn't even able to find Xpadder in the notification, it is also not a good idea to tell them to use the Task Manager. So "download and run this batch file" would be nice. But at least as long as Jonathan didn't change that, they anyways still need to learn how to close Xpadder correctly.
The batch file only makes sense if Xpadder has been crashing and in result of that doesn't close anymore, if the user doesn't know how to use the Task Manager.
Jonathan wrote:...although the best method would be to use Xpadder.exe /c to tell Xpadder to close itself. This would ensure any save prompts are shown. You would need to add Xpadder to the PATH though or include the full path in the batch file to its location.
Yea, that's the problem. Most of these users don't even know where they have placed the old Xpadder.exe.

Return to “Uninstall/delete Xpadder”