2 Wii CCPro's with mayflash adapter strange issue

mattg568

2 Wii CCPro's with mayflash adapter strange issue

Post by mattg568 »

I've got two Wii classic controller pro controllers and have them both plugged into the mayflash two port adapter to USB. Two seperate controllers are shown in the gamepad control panel.

However, when I configure the controllers in Xpadder, whatever I configure is being applied to both controllers at the same time. I am unable to have different images (I have one white and one black CCPro) and the controller layout applies to both controllers. Also, the controller name gets applied to both controllers. The only thing that is normal is that both controllers control their own separate tab.

Edit: I think I may have found the problem. Look at this:

According to Xpadder's controller detail, both controllers share the same ID.

Terra Branford
Xpadder Xpert

Re: 2 Wii CCPro's with mayflash adapter strange issue

Post by Terra Branford »

This is normal. It's even more annoying if you have a PS2 Dualshock controller, and a PS2 DVD Remote connected through a USB adapter like I did. That was a pain. Sadly, you can't have both images and layouts individually... at least, not yet you can't.

mattg568

Post by mattg568 »

So I guess it's a quirk with multi-port gamepad to usb converters then. I'm thinking I'd be better off with an Xbox 360 wired controller. The sole reason I'm using the classic controller pro is for it's perfect dpad for use in emulators. The 360's dpad may not be as good but at least it works and the controller is simple to hook up and use on a PC.

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Post by Primal Fear »

mattg568 wrote:So I guess it's a quirk with multi-port gamepad to usb converters then.
No, actually the problem is using two controllers of exactly the same type. If you would have for example two (or more) Xbox360 pads, you would have exactly the same problem.

mattg568

Post by mattg568 »

Then, is it an Xpadder issue? Or a PC issue in how it handles controllers of the same type?

mattg568

Post by mattg568 »

I just happened to have read that post before you posted it. Here's hoping that the limitation is resolved in the future.

Lomax

Post by Lomax »

Has this been addressed yet?

(P.S. I can't follow the link you posted - it says I'm not authorised.)

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Post by Primal Fear »

Yes there has been an update in this matter, you can now load different controller files every controller even if they are of exactly the same type. Problem is that if you disconnect the controllers, Xpadder cannot distinguish which controller is which so it may load the wrong controller file for the respective controller when you reconnect it.
I'm not sure if you can workaround this problem by always connecting the controllers in the correct order and what happens if you simply reboot your PC as I deliberately avoid having this problem with my controllers.

Return to “Multiplayer/multi-controller problems”