Multiple controls on same USB port

f2524208

Multiple controls on same USB port

Post by f2524208 »

Hello,

I use xpadder for at least 1 year, and now I've earned some money through paypal and supported xpadder :)

First of all, VERY nice work.

I have one question, when I use one splitter I can't save one profile... I have 2 controllers on the same USB port. Xpadder recognizes both, configure both, but when I save, xpadder wanna one profile per controller, then when I load one profile, another controller isn't configurated. I always need to redo my work.

There are any solution for it?

Thank you in advance.

Jonathan
Xpadder creator

Re: Multiple controls on same USB port

Post by Jonathan »

f2524208 wrote:...when I use one splitter I can't save one profile... I have 2 controllers on the same USB port. Xpadder recognizes both, configure both, but when I save, xpadder wanna one profile per controller, then when I load one profile, another controller isn't configurated...
A couple of questions for you:
1) Is your splitter an adaptor which lets you connect non-USB controllers?
2) Are the two controllers you connect to it identical or are they different models?

f2524208

Post by f2524208 »

Yes, the splitter is one adapter that allows me to use non-USB controllers in USB ports.
And yes too, they are 2 psx2 controllers.

(When I click to save controller layout, the default name that they receive are the same)

I saw in anywhere here that I can call the xpadder in this way to work around this problem:

xpadder controller1.xpadderprofile controller2.xpadderprofile /M /C

But, if have one direct way, maybe it will be better :)

Jonathan
Xpadder creator

Post by Jonathan »

Ok, one more question.
Click the Settings button in the top right of the main window.
Select the Controllers page from the menu on the left of the Settings window.
Does the list show one controller with a 2 in the found column or does it show 2 different controllers?

f2524208

Post by f2524208 »

Order Name ID Found
1 PPJoy Virtual Joystick DEAD:BEF0 1
2 Xpadder Virtual Controller ABCD:0123 1
3 TWIN PS TO PC CONVERTER 0810:0001 2

When I saw it... Have Xpadder virtual controllers like PPJoy? And recognizes LPT controllers too?

Jonathan
Xpadder creator

Post by Jonathan »

If Windows can recognise an LPT controller and show it in the Windows Game Controllers Control Panel then Xpadder can see it too.
The Xpadder Virtual Controller is part of v5.6 and is currently only for testing controller connectivity and configuration. It has no other function... yet ;)

Your PS controllers are identical so they will share the same controller file. This means that the background image and the layout of the buttons will be the same and altering one will automatically alter the other.
They can however each have their own profile so they can have different assignments.

If you open or create a profile on the first PS controller it should not change the second PS controller's profile.

Is your problem with the controller file or the profile files?

f2524208

Post by f2524208 »

I save each controller file separatedly. Ok.

Then I save each profile file separatedly too.

Close xpadder.

When I open controller1.xpadderprofile, I can't load the profile for controller 2. I am asking if can I have 2 identical controllers configured together (but with different configuration) in only one xpadderprofile.

Or can I only do it by calling xpadder via command line? (As mentioned above)

(Btw, sorry if my english isn't very good)

Jonathan
Xpadder creator

Post by Jonathan »

At the moment Profiles are for one controller only.
A multiple-profiles-in-one-file feature has been requested before in different ways so I have added it to my feature X list so buyers can vote for it for v5.7

At the moment the only way to open two profiles is via the command line.

Another possible way is to select the "Automatically open last used profile" option in the main settings window. Now open the controller1 profile and then open the controller2 profile. When you exit Xpadder and start it again it will remember which profile was where.

markronz

Post by markronz »

I am having this same issue. I have two USB NES controllers. They are both hooked up to the same USB hub. When I look in XPadder Settings under controllers, it lists the two controllers on one line, with a 2 in the found column. When I set the player 2 controls and exit XPadder, then later reopen XPadder, it forgets player 2 controls. If I am folowing the information that is in this thread correctly, you are saying that I need to create two separate profiles. One for the first controller, and one for the second.

The part I don't understand is what to do after that? So I can open two profiles at once? But only via the command line right?

So the fix to my problem would be to, instead of double clicking on the xpadder icon to start the program, to instead execute a command line option to open TWO profiles. If that's correct, could you help me with the command line syntax to open two profiles at once please? That way I can set up a batch file to do it or something.

I am using XPadder 2010.06.03

Thanks so much!

markronz

Post by markronz »

Hey, I apologize. I took a look at the help file and I was able to get this to work. Sorry about that. I just made a batch file with the following in it:

start "Xpadder" "C:\Emulators\Xpadder.exe" "NES1" "NES2" /M
Exit

Thanks anyway!

Return to “Multiplayer/multi-controller problems”