Arcade cabinet with multiple joysticks...do I use 1 profile or do I need to setup one for each?

laggerific

Arcade cabinet with multiple joysticks...do I use 1 profile or do I need to setup one for each?

Post by laggerific »

I have 2 joystick PCBs controlling 4 joysticks in my arcade cabinet. 2 joysticks per PCB. Do I need to create multiple profiles? Can I have multiple profiles active at 1 time?

I am trying to run NullDC with 4 controllers, and for some reason I can't seem to get them all working in harmony together. If I try to use 2 devices under 1 profile, they seem to step on each other like it doesn't see the two different devices as being unique. But if I try to autoload two profiles when nulldc starts, the inputs have unpredictable results, like pushing up on the 1st player controller pauses the game as the 2nd player. I was careful to ensure that each profile used unique keyboard buttons, but for some reason it's having issues.

laggerific

Re: Arcade cabinet with multiple joysticks...do I use 1 profile or do I need to setup one for each?

Post by laggerific »

I'm using 2 GPwiz40 PCBs, and both are running under different device IDs.

Jonathan
Xpadder creator

Re: Arcade cabinet with multiple joysticks...do I use 1 profile or do I need to setup one for each?

Post by Jonathan »

If inputs are confusing then it could be that NullDC is reading the joysticks itself and doing whatever action is assigned to them inside NullDC. Try fully closing Xpadder and see if you still have problems.

Return to “Multiplayer/multi-controller problems”