Simultaneous Multiplayer Controls?

kobrakai35

Simultaneous Multiplayer Controls?

Post by kobrakai35 »

Alright, I know this shouldn't be this hard. Xpadder is supposed to be able to support multiple controllers, right?

I have two identical USB controllers. I don't know how to set it up to allow them to do simultaneous input (Contra, Marble Madness, etc.). Since they are the same controller, they both show up as My NES Controller in My Devices / Xpadder (joystick 0 and joystick 1). As in Xpadder sees My NES Controller - Found: 2. Here's what I've done.

Under Nestopia:

Mapped separate controls for player 1 and player 2 to separate areas of the keyboard (wasd for p1, arrows for p2, etc.).

Under Xpadder:

1: Plugged in a controller.
2: Created a new controller image / button placement. Saved as "My NES Controller USB" which was autodetected.
3: Created a profile, saved as nesp1. This profile had the button mapping for p1 (wasd).
4: Plugged in second controller (identical to first). Xpadder detected it as another "My NES Controller USB" in a second tab. The buttons were blank, I filled them out with the key bindings for p2 (arrows). Saved this profile as nesp2.
5: Now my first tab shows an NES controller with nesp1 as the profile and the correct key bindings. My second tab shows an NES controller with nesp2 as the profile and its correct keybindings.
6: Fire up a game, say, Marble Madness. Only have 1 controller connected. Hit 2 Players. Game detects input from P1 controller just fine. When I get to P2, no input is detected, as expected.
7: Plug in P2 controller.

Here's where we screw up.

P2 key bindings are mapped to P1 controller, as well as P1 bindings. So the P1 controller controls both players. Meanwhile P2 controller doesn't control anything. Going into the Input menu, I can see P2 controller is being detected as a regular controller (joystick 0 x- when I hit left on the Dpad).

What am I messing up? How do I allow simultaneous inputs from multiple (same) controllers? I know it has to be able to be done, right?

kobrakai35

Re: Simultaneous Multiplayer Controls?

Post by kobrakai35 »

Anyone?

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Re: Simultaneous Multiplayer Controls?

Post by Primal Fear »

Try following:
1.Open the input settings in Nestopia under "Option->Input..." (probably what you called Input menu) 2.Click there "Pad 1" and click in the column "Mapping" on the button "Default"
3.Do the same with pad 2^and click on "OK"

[quote="kobrakai35": Created a profile, saved as nesp1. This profile had the button mapping for p1 (wasd)."]3: Created a profile, saved as nesp1. This profile had the button mapping for p1 (wasd).[/quote]
As a side note, for me are the arrow keys standard for player1.
kobrakai35 wrote:Going into the Input menu, I can see P2 controller is being detected as a regular controller (joystick 0 x- when I hit left on the Dpad).
It is normal that a controller can still be detected as controller, although you have a Xpadder profile for it running.

Return to “Multiplayer/multi-controller problems”