2 controllers

gianross

2 controllers

Post by gianross »

Hi, I'm new to this program, had it for awhile, just now wanting to set it up. Before I get started I was hoping to find out, if I configure one controller will it take care of both or does each need configured separately?

Sorry for the "sad" question, however, my disability doesn't allow to comprehend easily so I wasn't sure if I read over that information or not.

Thanks for your time,

gianross

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Re: 2 controllers

Post by Primal Fear »

If both controllers are the same (e.g. two Xbox360pads), you only need to create and save the controller layout for one of them and then you can simply load this controller layout also for the other controller.

gianross

Post by gianross »

Understood, thanks. However, could I load that layout twice (for a co-op)?

thank you :)
GR

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Post by Primal Fear »

First to explain, there is the controller layout that contains the controller image and the position of the components of the controller (Buttons, Dpad, Sticks) in the main windows and there are profiles which contain the keyboard and mouse assignments.

That you can load them for two or more controllers at the same time, after creating and saving them once, applies for both. But loading the same profile for two controllers, only makes sense if two people want to control the same character at the same time. So basically like this, with two full functional controllers (I guess that is what you want to do).

If you should want to remove some functions from the second controller, you can also load the profile for it, delete these assignments with a middle click on the respective buttons and save this profile under a different name via "Save as...".

gianross

Post by gianross »

The video tutorial, from what I understood seems what I want to accomplish, that would be pretty complicated for me to do. However, I'm not really looking to assist the other player (which is nice regardless), I was just asking for a two player game? Or, although I'm simulating the mouse and keyboard, would I still be able to use the mouse/keyboard for a two player game instead? If that makes sense. BTW thank you very much for your kindness and patience.

thanks,
Gian

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Post by Primal Fear »

Yes, it is basically still possible to use keyboard and mouse while somebody else is using keyboard and mouse. But here it is necessary that both player use different keys, which is not possible if both players need a mouse.
If you use two or more controllers via Xpadder, it's basically the same. So you need to create a different profile for each player.

The only exception would be games that support two or more keyboard and mouse pairs. The only games with this feature I know about are "Trine 2" and "The Settlers 2" (really old, around 16 years). But these get the input directly hardware based from the devices, so Xpadder doesn't even work with these games if this feature is active.

gianross

Post by gianross »

Sorry, I should of explained better. What I meant was using the keyboard/mouse while the other person used a controller? So according to your previous posts, I would need to create a controller layout, as well as a profile, correct? If I'm understanding I would only need 1 controller layout (for each game?) and 2 profiles for each controller layout, is that correct? I assume as I'm setting those up, it will guide me through programming the controller or is that separate?

thanks again,
Gian :)

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Post by Primal Fear »

Yes, you create the controller layout only once and a profile per game.

The manuals are in the main part of the "Xpadder Help and Walkthroughs" sub forum, you only need to scroll down to see the overview over all different walkthroughs.

gianross

Post by gianross »

Thanks, I think I got it hopefully. I ask if not.

Thx again
Gian

Return to “Multiplayer/multi-controller problems”