Autoprofile for multiple controllers

shane.keulen

Autoprofile for multiple controllers

Post by shane.keulen »

I have two controllers (one wireless xbox and one wired) that i have set up in their own controller tabs im trying to maps these two controllers to keyboard keys when i open the emulator Jnes. As such i have two profiles, jnes1 with the keys for controller one, and jnes2 for controller 2. I have two autoprofiler settings. One to load jnes1 when jnes.exe is open and one to open jnes2. It just doesnt seem to be working, is this functionality unsupported? the two profiles actually do load, but when jnes exits only one reverts back to default mucking up the setup. any ideas?

EDIT: after looking through the profile and controller files in notepad as well as the xpadder.ini file i cant seem to find where xpadder remembers which profile is designed for which controller. it seems to always load jnes1 for controller 1 and jnes2 for controller 2 but i cant figure out how it does this.

it looks as though if you specify two different files to load for one exe in autoprofile it loads the first one to controller one and the second to controller two. you can map both controllers to the same thing if you add two identical autoprofile conditions, which has actually solved my problem i think. though it seems far from an elegant solution.

like so:
this sets controller one to jnes and controller 2 to jnes2 when jnes.exe comes into focus, when it exits into xbmc it applies the default (which is blank) configuration twice, once for each controller. is there a better way to do this?

crono141

Re: Autoprofile for multiple controllers

Post by crono141 »

the two profiles actually do load, but when jnes exits only one reverts back to default mucking up the setup. any ideas?
I am having this problem. I have a profile for <default> that I want loaded on all controllers. Problem is it only loads the default on controller 1. So when I load a program for which I don't need a custom xpadder profile loaded, it loads default for controller1, but keeps whatever was last loaded for controller 2-4. This definitely hoses up some non-xpadder program functionality.

Does anyone know how to apply the default profile to all connected controllers?

Return to “Multiplayer/multi-controller problems”