Mirroring One Controller To Another (Driver's Ed. Style)

clownroyal

Mirroring One Controller To Another (Driver's Ed. Style)

Post by clownroyal »

Hey there.

Do you guys know if there is a way to use XPadder to "mirror" one controller to another. What we are trying to do is use two controllers to play at the same time - this way my GF can play Tomb Raider and during the fight scenes I can jump in with the other controller and help her out.

I can't find a way to do it with XPadder, other than to just try mapping the keyboard controls to the second controller, but that is not a very elegant solution because you don't get proper analog control from WASD. I really want to find a way to send actual analog input from both controllers.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks!

-cr

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Re: Mirroring One Controller To Another (Driver's Ed. Style)

Post by Primal Fear »

Xpadder cannot change driver internal functions of a controller.
I would know some programs that write controller input into a virtual controller driver or one that tricks the game to think the controller would be a different one, but none of them is allowing to write the input of two controllers into the same virtual controller/controller id. The only possibility I would see is wiring a "mockup" controller to the controller of the player (similar to that, but I suppose that wouldn't be worth it and that axes of the sticks would probably not get around with each other.

The only reasonable solution would be mapping the keyboard and mouse controls to one of the contollers using Xpadder. You wouldn't even have to sacrifice the analog controls completely by using Xpadders Distance Zones (more informations here).

clownroyal

Post by clownroyal »

Okay that is what I was afraid of. Thanks for taking the time to write me a reply!

-cr

clownroyal

Post by clownroyal »

Hey - I looked into the "distance zones" trick you mentioned. That's a cool feature that I did not realize existed with XPadder! I will have to see if there is a way to make this work with Tomb Raider.

Return to “Multiplayer/multi-controller problems”