Mouse Directionality Emulation Speed [solved]

microkosm

Mouse Directionality Emulation Speed [solved]

Post by microkosm »

I have noticed that the emulation speed is higher when moving the mouse cursor up or right using my gamepad. Conversely, when I move the cursor down or left there is a noticeable decrease in mouse emulation speed that affects gameplay.

Is this a current limitation of Xpadder or possibly related to my gamepad (Gamecube Wavebird via Triolinker Plus II)?
Last edited by microkosm on 31 May 2010, 07:03, edited 1 time in total.

x79_animal
Xpadder Xpert

Re: Mouse Directionality Emulation Speed

Post by x79_animal »

probably some kind of mis-aligned options or driver issue. no-one has ever come across this before :) check that its the same for all applications and not just some applications and try to eliminate errors. perhaps try another mouse-emulating software just to see if it produces the same or different results to see if u can blame xpadder

microkosm

Post by microkosm »

I'm using the default windows gamepad driver b/c there is not a 64 bit windows 7 compatible trio linker plus 2 driver available currently. You're right, this may be the issue. Just to verify however, do you have any recommendations for other mouse emulating software?

SGTCableDog
Xpadder Xpert

Post by SGTCableDog »

You may need to calibrate your controller in Windows. Start by clicking on the controller tab at the top left of the main Xpadder window to open Xpadders Controller Properties.

Move the stick you have mouse assigned to, the graphs should move accordingly. If they don't go to the ends of the graphs you can easily open Windows game controllers control panel by clicking the button at the bottom left. Then open the properties for the controller and you find a "calibration" button. I think DirectX controllers kind of auto-calibrates.

microkosm

Post by microkosm »

Thank you. That solves the majority of my problem. Now I just need to do some tweaking.

caenterprise406

Re: Mouse Directionality Emulation Speed [solved]

Post by caenterprise406 »

Just wanted to say that after some research and testing Cabledog's solution does work.

Symptom: Very "wonky" mouse control/sensitivity when mouse is being controlled by right analog stick. Jittery, jerky, not smooth and basically unusable.

Fix: Follow Cabledog's suggestions. Also, this took me a good 30 minutes of testing/calibrating/retesting/fine tuning, rinsing and repeating.

Finally, after all that, i'm at 99% perfect mouse feel in game.

I think this keeps coming up because there is no in depth guide that encompasses all fine tuning for mouse control. Maybe I missed it sorry hope this helps.

Return to “How do I do this assignment? Mouse actions”