Logitech F310 gamepad and marble shooter games with mouse problem

me18940

Logitech F310 gamepad and marble shooter games with mouse problem

Post by me18940 »

I'm not a young gamer,so please be patient with me!

I play all my games from http://www.bigfishgames.com/ . (you can demo and try the games for an hour for free -- I like to play Inca Ball, Magic Tea, Zuma, Tumblebugs, etc.)

they are just simple shoot with a mouse games. but my mouse doesn't click fast enough, even when I went to control panel to "speed" the mouse up.

So I bought a Logitech F310 gamepad, with triggers. lol. I can't get the thumb sticks or (+)button to work. (I need to direct the shooter, the optic part of the mouse usually does this.) (Okay, so it is also my first time using a gamepad, too -- but I have to start somewhere!)

Did someone upload a .xpadderprofile for the F310? If so, where would I find it? I've searched the forum. I followed step by step through the dummy instructions ( http://xpadder.com/forum4/viewtopic.php?f=44&t=705 ) and I can't get the controls to work. The profile calls it "Logitech dual action USB gamepad" if that helps. (I searched the forum for that description, too.)

The Windows 7 does find the controller, but I want to use the gamepad instead of my mouse, and I don't even know where to begin to look.

Also should this gamepad be set to X or D? (X is the built-in controls, D is the customizable control program.)

Please help!

Thanks!

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Re: Logitech F310 gamepad and marble shooter games with mouse problem

Post by Primal Fear »

me18940 wrote:but my mouse doesn't click fast enough, even when I went to control panel to "speed" the mouse up.
With these mouse speed setting you change the sensitivity of the cursor movement. So the higher this setting is, the faster moves the cursor while moving the mouse.
If your mouse mouse button has a small delay before it triggers after pressing it, there has to be a problem with your mouse. So the closest solution would have been a new mouse.
me18940 wrote:Did someone upload a .xpadderprofile for the F310? If so, where would I find it? I've searched the forum.
I guess what you need first, is a "controller layout". Normally you can create it your own, but this one should work,

Code: Select all

;--- Xpadder Controller Data ---
DataType=Controller
Version=2011.03.24
Name=Logitech Gamepad F310
Button1Location=379,148
Button2Location=414,112
Button3Location=344,112
Button4Location=380,77
Button5Location=98,8
Button6Location=385,12
Button7Location=192,72
Button8Location=290,73
Button9Location=170,189
Button10Location=309,189
DPadUpLocation=103,79
DPadRightLocation=135,111
DPadDownLocation=103,143
DPadLeftLocation=71,111
Stick1UpLocation=170,157
Stick1RightLocation=202,189
Stick1DownLocation=170,221
Stick1LeftLocation=138,189
Stick2UpLocation=309,157
Stick2RightLocation=341,189
Stick2DownLocation=309,221
Stick2LeftLocation=277,189
TriggerLeftLocation=16,28
TriggerRightLocation=467,27
DPadUpAccess=POV
DPadRightAccess=POV
DPadDownAccess=POV
DPadLeftAccess=POV
Stick1XAccess=Axis X
Stick1YAccess=Axis Y
Stick2XAccess=Axis RX
Stick2YAccess=Axis RY
TriggerLeftAccess=Axis Z
TriggerRightAccess=Axis Z -
Button1Name=A
Button2Name=B
Button3Name=X
Button4Name=Y
Button5Name=left shoulder
Button6Name=right shoulder
Button7Name=back
Button8Name=start
Button9Name=left stick
Button10Name=right stick
DPadName=DPad
DPadUpName=Up
DPadRightName=Right
DPadDownName=Down
DPadLeftName=Left
Stick1Name=Stick 1
Stick2Name=Stick 2
StickUpName=Up
StickRightName=Right
StickDownName=Down
StickLeftName=Left
TriggerLeftName=left trigger
TriggerRightName=right trigger
Copy the complete text in this code box and then open the Xpadder controller menu (left side) and click there on paste.

It doesn't include the controller image, because the text would be much to large to post it with this image including. You get it here in the game controller database. Copy it and use this time the "Paste" button you find by clicking on "Settings..." in the controller menu.
Don't forget to save this layout by clicking on "Save As..." again in the controller menu.

Now you can make the assignments for the mouse movement and the mouse buttons (which is the actual profile) by following this part. All mouse function are on the right side of the assignment window.
me18940 wrote:Also should this gamepad be set to X or D? (X is the built-in controls, D is the customizable control program.)
Professional explanation :ugeek: :
Text/Images: Show
Actually "X" stands for XInput and "D" for DirectInput. Both are Application Programming Interfaces that detect the input of your controller and send it to the game (or Xpadder). Most actual games only support the newer Xinput since it is much easier to handle.
This switch is to disable Xinput for the controller, by setting it to "D", if you want to use Xpadder or any other similar programs instead of the native controller support of such games. If you wouldn't disable Xinput, the game would detect the input of the controller directly and also the input of Xpadder, so you would cause two action at the same time by pressing only one gamepad button.
Simple explanation:
For the games that you play it doesn't matter. But if you select "X", Xpadder can detect the triggers as individual axes. With D they share only one axis, so you cannot press both at the same time.
So I recommend "X".

me18940

Post by me18940 »

Copy the complete text in this code box and then open the Xpadder controller menu (left side) and click there on paste.
I'm getting a message:

Cannot paste newer controller data
This pasted controller data was created by a new version and cannot be pasted.

I have the latest xpadder, I think, which version should I be using?

3/26/2011 4:09pm edited message to add:
downloaded and installed latest version

pasted controller info, pasted image as explained above. Still nothing happens with buttons in the game.

Went to control panel > devices and printers > rmb Gamepad F310 > game controller settings
Pressed properties button and a dialog box opens to two tabs:
Settings & Test
Chose Test, and all the buttons and sticks work.

I'm using X input as suggested.

What do you all think, is it the controller or the xpad profile? Something else? :?:

thank you
Last edited by me18940 on 26 Mar 2011, 21:12, edited 1 time in total.

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Post by Primal Fear »

This is the actual release version of Xpadder. You will still get a information that the controller file is made with a newer version, but you can decide to open it though. There will be no problems with that and you won't get this information again after saving it with your version.

me18940

Post by me18940 »

Thank you, Primal Fear, I keep working on a problem until I figure it out, while waiting for a reply. So I now found the latest release and it did allow me to paste this time.

But still no working triggers or d-pad or thumbsticks, <SIGH>.

I won't try anything now until I hear from one of you. . . . . lol . . . . will show patience ;)

3/27/11 4:26pm:
I have two tabs in Xpadder:
the red tab, first tab, has a blank grey screen. I cannot add an image at all to this. It is titled My Logitech Dual Action USB
the grey tab has the image AND the assignment buttons. It is titled My controller (Gamepad F310)
When I push buttons and thumbsticks they all work in the Xpadder display on the second tab. So this works.

But nothing in my game.
Last edited by me18940 on 26 Mar 2011, 21:32, edited 1 time in total.

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Post by Primal Fear »

Click on the Controller Tab (or on "Properties" in the Controller Menu) to open a Window that shows the Raw Data of your controller. If you move the sticks and press the triggers, there should move a bar for each stick axis and trigger, also there is a bar that shows pressed buttons.

Do these bars change when you do that? Also, is there this Xinput section like in this screenshot?

me18940

Post by me18940 »

okay first (red) tab:

properties aren't available, grayed out.

second (gray) tab:

second (gray) tab properties:

In this tab, in the properties, yes the bars do move.

Does this help? is there another picture you would want me to take?

thank you for sticking with me.

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Post by Primal Fear »

A red controller tab should indicate a controller that was conected as Xpadder was started, but now is disconnected.
Your second controller tab is your current gamepad. Each Stick direction, trigger and button should become green if pressed on the gamepad.

Now you have to create a profile by assign the mouse function to the to the certain gamepad functions.
Simply click in the main window on a button or stick directions and then click in the opening Assignment Window on the wished mouse function. You can test these mouse assignments directly after creating them.

me18940

Post by me18940 »

okay, now I "get" it!

here are the assignments.

It is working, but not quite well enough for my needs.

When I click the top trigger, it sometimes changes the window, and closes the game. and I can't the get stick to work just right.

But these are "refinements." As soon as I understand what the assignments are, and how to fine tune the movements, it will work just great!

Thank you so much.

I'm hoping that my pics will help someone else to understand the steps too.

xpadder is a great program, and all your help is much appreciated, Primal Fear!

THANK YOU!!!

me18940

Post by me18940 »

I've worked out the fine tuning, and wow! the gamepad with xpadder is so fast! I'm able to win most of the games, and I'm saving my mouse buttons for real work.

thank you.

info481

Post by info481 »

Hi!

You gave such good advise I've been using my gamepad until now. Thank you all for the fun I've been having. :D

I now have the latest version and Windows 10. :(

How do I make Xpadder shoot marbles quickly again? Help is much appreciated. :noob:

Cara :?:

Return to “How do I do this assignment? Mouse actions”