Can I limit mouse movement to small area in center of screen?

shaken

Can I limit mouse movement to small area in center of screen?

Post by shaken »

I'd like to limit mouse movement to a small area around the center of the screen when using the Left Stick on my XBox 360 controller. I've used DISTANCE ZONES, but the problem that I encounter is that once the stick moves out of the DISTANCE ZONE, the mouse cursor stops there and won't move until I bring the stick back within the DISTANCE ZONE. I'd like to be able to rotate about the center of the screen and have the cursor follow the "DISTANCE ZONE edge". Does anyone know of a way to achieve this?

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Re: Can I limit mouse movement to small area in center of screen?

Post by Primal Fear »

No that isn't possible.
With the Mouse Spring setting and the Distance Zones you where already on a good way, but it has these problems you have already mentioned.

shaken

Post by shaken »

Well that is disappointing. Thank you for letting me know. I believe I can still pull it off with a combination of XPadder and an AutoHotkey script, so we'll see. Guess I'll throw this in the suggestions section. Thanks again.

schkorpio

Post by schkorpio »

yeah i'd really love this feature!
i've drawn up a diagram http://xpadder.com/forum4/viewtopic.php ... 957#p15957

btw shaken - did you have an autohotkey script that works? if you wouldn't mind sharing :)

shaken

Post by shaken »

I did end up getting an auto hotkey script to work fairly well for Titan Quest. It didn't work as well for ranged combat as I'd like, but when playing a melee class it worked well enough. PM me your email address and I'd be glad to send it your way.

moc.reddapx

Post by moc.reddapx »

Could your auto script key address this need? - http://xpadder.com/forum4/viewtopic.php?f=184&t=4736

Return to “How do I do this assignment? Mouse actions”