Resident Evil 5 interference

robbmcdougall

Resident Evil 5 interference

Post by robbmcdougall »

I have a problem using xpadder with RE5.

I have my xpadder and 360 remote setup so I turn on the remote and can use it to control windows, xpadder runs on startup in the background, ideal, exactly as I wanted.

However, I launch a game such as RE5 which has both mouse/keyboard and controller support and the game continuously changes what input it is using, from controller to keyboard. Its really annoying and interferes with the game

Hard to explain what I mean, but is there a fix for this or a way to get xpadder to shutdown when games like RE5 are loaded than reload seamlessly when the game is closed?

This would also stop the controller trying to do windows functions when Im playing a game and pressing buttons I have assigned to the controller in xpadder

Im guessing quite a few of my games may have this problem as I like to use my PC like a console using the 360 pad as a controller from my couch.

Hope someone has the answer and can fix my issue, thanks in advance

SGTCableDog
Xpadder Xpert

Re: Resident Evil 5 interference

Post by SGTCableDog »

Create a new blank profile and save it. Then use this blank profile as a Autoprofile for games that have native controller support. Create Autoprofile launches in Xpadder settings, wrench icon in the top right of the main window then go to Autoprofiles.

robbmcdougall

Re: Resident Evil 5 interference

Post by robbmcdougall »

Thank You, had half figured it out myself but coloudnt quite work out how to get autoprofiles working.

Got everything working now perfect thank you, lets you keep control using xpadder through the launcher to allow you to select directx10 or 9 and then xpadder does nothing whilst in the game, but returns to default pad setting once game is shut down.

Ideal thank you so much!

For anyone with similar issues with this game, select the RESDX10.exe or RESDX9.exe (depending if you use directx9 or 10) rather than the launcher, this allows you to use the pad to choose which version you want to run at the beginning.

Hope that makes sense to anyone with the game who wants to use xpadder.

Return to “Other questions”