The PS2/PS3 DJ HERO Turntable

GargoyleDorian

The PS2/PS3 DJ HERO Turntable

Post by GargoyleDorian »

I was just wondering if anyone had figured out how to FULLY map (key word there, FULLY) a DJ HERO turntable for PS2/PS3. All buttons and platter movements I have, that was easy. The cross-fader and effects knob I do NOT know. I cannot get any other program to report anything from them either (yes, the damn controller works fine. I play DJH all the time with it). I have seen others have the same problem (unless it's the Wii version) with the cross-fader and effects knob (exhaustive google searches and scant postings).

XPadder (under Controller Properties > DirectInput) reports 4 axes (in the green, meaning they are used and active), Button (active) and POV (again, active). Buttons, POVs and platter axis (Rz) all report when used. The first three axes (Axis X, Axis Y and Axis Z) are again green with values (32767) but they never change (moving cross-fader, knob and everything else. Frantically).

So I am wondering what's the deal, if Xpadder has the capability to monitor the axes it reports or if there is an advanced setting or config to set up the cross-fader and knob. Or anything at all that will help me in implementing these two components. Thanx.

Jonathan
Xpadder creator

Re: The PS2/PS3 DJ HERO Turntable

Post by Jonathan »

It sounds as if the driver is not linking some parts of the controller to the axes.
As buttons are working then the controller is being found by Windows.
Xpadder is completely dependant on the driver supplying all the necessary information on the state of the controller so before Xpadder can access every part of it, the driver has to give that information to Windows first - which is appears it is not.

Which driver are you using?
If you go to the Windows Game Controllers Control Panel can you test or configure the driver?

GargoyleDorian

Re: The PS2/PS3 DJ HERO Turntable

Post by GargoyleDorian »

In Control Panel >> Game Controllers I can calibrate the controller in the, "settings" tab (the features such as the POV and platter that work) and go into the, "test" tab and test all the buttons, POV and platter with showing activity. The cross-fader and effects knob do not function and am not sure they show up or are being read.

Specifically, I see in the, "Axes" section the, 'X Axis / Y Axis" box that shows no activity from any feature being used, a, "Z Axis" slider bar that shows no activity from any feature being used, and a, "Z Rotation" that moves according to the platter. In the, "Buttons" section I see 13 buttons to where only 8 show any activity (1-4,9-11 and 13 work from any activity). In the, "Point of View Hat" section, I see the POV hat work perfectly.

I installed no driver, Windows Vista 64 recognized it after plugging it in (running off of no driver in control panel >> system >> device manager. using file, "input.inf" which I assume is a generic driver).

I don't think Activision is going to release a WindowsXP/VISTA/7 anytime soon (ever) so I think it is safe to assume that unless someone writes a custom driver, we are all pretty much screwed.

TO ALL CUSTOM DEVICE DRIVER CODERS: There is a HUGE underground demand for this driver! Be the first to code one so private developers can use the PS2/PS3 DJ Hero turntable with game development!!! ;) .

Return to “Other questions”