Saitek PS2700 compatibility issues ?

DarzgL

Saitek PS2700 compatibility issues ?

Post by DarzgL »

I've tried the 5.3 version and I had some trouble with my Saitek PS2700 gamepad : indeed, the triggers seemed not to be properly recognized and I was not able to properly configure them in Xpadder. I run Seven 64 bits and according to the gamepad driver utility, all the gamepad functions are fully working since the driver utility allows the user to test them.
So I wish to know if the newer versions solved the problem before buying.
Thank you.

SGTCableDog
Xpadder Xpert

Re: Saitek PS2700 compatibility issues ?

Post by SGTCableDog »

I don't know of any issue specific to your controller but there is a problem common to all DirectX complilant triggers. From what I understand, DirectX requires the natural state of an axis (no input to it) is to be centered. Triggers usually use the Z axis so to maintain the centered neutral position the Z axis is reported as the difference between the left and right trigger deflection. Therefore if you squeeze both triggers the Z axis is still in its center neutral postion (Difference between triggers is zero). You can check if this the case by using the test tab in WIndows Game Controllers properties.

If your issue is something different please provide more details.

DarzgL

Post by DarzgL »

I just found that the issue is from the controller itself which triggers are both recognized as normal triggers (using an axis (RX here) as you just described) AND as buttons, what causes problems configuring them. I'd like to know if there is a way to disable the button recognition (in registry or so ?) in order to just keep the trigger function and by the way get rid of the configuration problem.

Post by Guest »

Was this problem ever resolved? I too have problems with my triggers working on Windows 7 64-bit. They respond in the Xpadder program, but do nothing in-game. An newer version that would fix this would be most appreciated. This problem has rendered Xpadder obsolete to me and I have gone back to using keyboard and mouse until the issue is resolved.

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Post by Primal Fear »

The sharing axis is nothing that Xpadder can fix, it is a insufficiency of DirectInput (an Xbox controller uses Xinput, which has a own axis for each trigger).

Your problem sounds like you didn't assigned anything to the triggers and you expect that Xpadder causes that the game detects the triggers. But Xpadder doesn't change anything on the on the input of the gamepad, it emulates key presses ans mouse actions.
In every way, if Xpadder detects everything it's unlikely that just the triggers aren't working.

If you still have this old version, you maybe should try it again. Just keep in mind that the triggers won't work independently from each other and don't forget to assign something to the triggers and other gamepad buttons and axes.

Return to “Other questions”