Xbox 360 - I need to SWAP the axes

ViperMan

Xbox 360 - I need to SWAP the axes

Post by ViperMan »

Okay,

I'm playing X3: Terran Conflict. I have the Xbox 360 controller for Windows. I have the profile set and it works beautifully. HOWEVER, X3 has built-in joystick support, and it uses the Joystick X and Y axes to control pitch and yaw of my ship. The LEFT control stick on the Xbox controller is mapped - apparently by Xpadder - to the X and Y axes. I however want the RIGHT control stick to provide X and Y axes. I tried changing it in the Settings window (where you click the "enabled" boxes and move the sticks left and then up...) but it just didn't work. There are drop-down menus for which Axis you want to control, but when I change the right stick to the X and Y axes, then MOVE the right stick, it shows the response on the LEFT stick, and swapping the highlighted circles on the image area didn't work either...

So, how do I get the RIGHT "stick" on the Xbox 360 controller to reflect X and Y axes? (And just setting it to the Arrows doesn't work, because then you lose analog response.)

Your suggestions/instructions are greatly appreciated.

ViperMan

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Re: Xbox 360 - I need to SWAP the axes

Post by Primal Fear »

Xpadder cannot assign controllerfuctions, only keyboard and mouse.
Maybe your game only supports only one joystick, however the problem lays on X3.

Edit: I found something
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/genmessa ... c=48851149

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Post by Primal Fear »

I think that I found a resolution.

Did you tried already this new mousecontrol. If I understood it right its for exactly that what you want to do.
So you just have to set mouse-normal on right stick, and assign one button to the left mousebutton with toggle function.

ViperMan

Post by ViperMan »

Well Primal, now that you mention it, there is a "Classic Control" feature of X3 that lets the mouse fly the ships - I didn't think about that. I'll try that out tonight.

Yeah - I see how the X/Y axes and "rotational X and Y" are set the the left and right sticks, respectively, through the Windows Control Panel, so I wouldn't really expect Xpadder to be able to change that.

Thanks for the replies.

Return to “Other questions”