problems with mugen!!!

saimoon786

problems with mugen!!!

Post by saimoon786 »

Whats up! My problems with mugen is i cant use my triggers with my Xbox controller. i dont have a regular Xbox controller i have Streetfighter four controller made by madcat its set up like the arcade buttons the last Xpadder still did not make these buttons work and im hoping that you have a solution for that you would be a god if you could fix this thanks.

Jonathan
Xpadder creator

Re: problems with mugen!!!

Post by Jonathan »

Go to Xpadder options, disable XInput and recreate your controller. It's a bug :oops:

saimoon786

Post by saimoon786 »

Im sorry Jonathan but the problem is still the same!!! :x I cant use the Xbox controller triggers for mugen i love this game but Xpadder is not fixing the problem??? I did what you told me and disabled the XI thing and created a new profile but still no good. I already gave you my money so i can't be too upset its just that i thought this would help anyways Thanks maybe i can use this for anything else i decide to play :|

SGTCableDog
Xpadder Xpert

Post by SGTCableDog »

So M.U.G.E.N has native controller support but not for all the buttons? You will want to create a profile with only assignments on the non-supported triggers. Like Jonathan said disable XInput in Xpadder options. Open notepad and try the triggers to make sure everything is working right. If it still isn't working in mugen and you are using Vista, then you may have to run Xpadder with administrator privledges. Right click the Xpadder icon in the notification area/system tray and choose "Close". Next right click the Xpadder executable file in explorer and choose "Run as administrator..." Click through the dialogs, restart your game and enjoy. :D If not enjoyment :cry: then post back with reasults. :ugeek:

mnl1121
Xpadder Xpert

Post by mnl1121 »

saimoon786 wrote: I already gave you my money so i can't be too upset
actually that gives you plenty of reasons TO be upset. Don't worry though, I dont see any reason why we can't get this to work for you. Try what Cable suggested. If that still doesnt' work, we will work as closely with you as possible to determine why it isn't working and if possible to get it working for you.

saimoon786

Post by saimoon786 »

Ok round two i did exactly what SGT cabledog asked me to to and still nothing happened :( I do have windows vista i disabled the XI input and ran as administrator but the results are still the same. Does any body have mugen? Maybe im doing this all wrong but im follwing the instructions ya'll gave me to the letter. It might help if one of you have M.U.G.E.N and do what i did and see if it works for you but i feel like pulling my hair out fellas :!:

mnl1121
Xpadder Xpert

Post by mnl1121 »

Wait your using the Street Fighter Fightpad right? The controller doesn't have triggers, only shoulder buttons. Thats your problem, you need to add them as regular buttons not triggers with axis.

saimoon786

Post by saimoon786 »

If i knew how to send you a picture of the controller i would but i am not trying to use the shoulder buttons just the six buttons on the pad itself. one of the buttons is a trigger button its the right trigger button matter of fact and i assigned a button to that and the damn thing still isn't working :x

SGTCableDog
Xpadder Xpert

Post by SGTCableDog »

SGTCableDog wrote:Open notepad and try the triggers to make sure everything is working right.
What happened in notepad? If the key presses show up then its a problem with the game. If it doesn't show up then there is a problem with the controller, setup, or profile.

saimoon786

Post by saimoon786 »

SGT give a second!!!

saimoon786

Post by saimoon786 »

Im not sure what you mean by open with note pad but the trigger buttons work i just tested both of them! now if i could only use them!!!

saimoon786

Post by saimoon786 »

I've come to the conclusion that these will not work for mugen! X padder is reading all buttons even the triggers but they are not working for mugen maybe in the future someone can see if they can tweek mugen to work right with X padder but im done with trying fellas i guess i will just use my logictech controllers for mugen :roll:

SGTCableDog
Xpadder Xpert

Post by SGTCableDog »

saimoon786 wrote:Im not sure what you mean by open with note pad but the trigger buttons work i just tested both of them! now if i could only use them!!!
What meant was open notepad, the windows text editor and see if the assignments you made to the triggers appear there. You should find notepad in Windows start menu under All Programs>Accessories. If you press the triggers while notepad is in focus (on top of all open windows) you should see the keys that you assigned to the triggers. If you see them in notepad then we'll know that the triggers are setup correctly and the assignment is working. If not then it may be a number of things. Don't get discouraged, we'll get this figured out.

saimoon786

Post by saimoon786 »

saimoon786 wrote:I've come to the conclusion that these will not work for mugen! X padder is reading all buttons even the triggers but they are not working for mugen maybe in the future someone can see if they can tweek mugen to work right with X padder
but im done with trying fellas i guess i will just use my logictech controllers for mugen :roll:
No i have to stay on the path lets review the controller it has no analog , just thumb pad and six buttons and two triggers .now it also has a switch on the back of the controller it says LS,DP,RS i have no idea what those stand for but i can play mugen with the controller but it can't assign the triggers for buttons now do you think that the switch on the back has any thing to do with the reason i can't use the triggers???

saimoon786

Post by saimoon786 »

IM trying the note pad thing right now SGT

saimoon786

Post by saimoon786 »

So i just open the note pad and it should be on there already??? Im sorry man im just a NOOB

SGTCableDog
Xpadder Xpert

Post by SGTCableDog »

OK, I take it that you already have Xpadder running. Rereading your posts it would appear that you have created a controller layout. That is where you identified the stick and buttons and maybe an image of the controller. After you have done this the main Xpadder window will show the stick as a group of four squares in a plus sign configuration and the other buttons of the controller. Next you will need to make a profile for mugen. A profile is a collection of assignments and controller settings. A New blank profile is automatically created when Xpadder is first started. I would recommend just making assignments for the triggers as it is the only buttons not working in the game. Click one of the trigger boxes on the main Xpadder window and the Assignment window will open. It looks like a keyboard and mouse. Now click a key on either the on-screen keyboard or your real one. The Assignment window will close and Xpadder will send that key press to Windows and therefore your game or notepad or what ever program is running.

Now the question is what key to assign. As long as mugen also allows keyboard input you can assign any key recognised by the game. I would try this assignment in notepad first just to make sure everything is working.

Let me know if this helps.

SGTCableDog
Xpadder Xpert

Post by SGTCableDog »

saimoon786 wrote:... it also has a switch on the back of the controller it says LS,DP,RS i have no idea what those stand for ...
A lot of searching came up with the switch is used to change the function of the stick to be left hand analog stick, Dpad, or right hand analog stick.

saimoon786

Post by saimoon786 »

Ok i will get right back to you. I have to log off to start mugen

saimoon786

Post by saimoon786 »

SGT YOU ARE THE MF MAN THEY WORK!!! THEY ACTULLY WORK THANK YOU DUDE THANK YOU :D

SGTCableDog
Xpadder Xpert

Post by SGTCableDog »

Told you we'd get it, have fun.

mnl1121
Xpadder Xpert

Post by mnl1121 »

My question is what was wrong?

SGTCableDog
Xpadder Xpert

Post by SGTCableDog »

I guess he didn't assign any keys to his triggers. Once he posted his noob status I figured I'd back way up and start from scratch.

mnl1121
Xpadder Xpert

Post by mnl1121 »

*facepalm*

Return to “Other questions”