Fable the Lost Chapters for PC

fordfanann1

Fable the Lost Chapters for PC

Post by fordfanann1 »

I want to play Fable the Lost Chapters for PC. I bought Xpadder, downloaded it, fixed the sticks, buttons... for my (usb) Microsoft Xbox 360 controller. I tested it and it seemed to work, cause it would move my mouse pointer. Then I would start the game, and it wouldn't work. I have done everything in your tutorials, even the copy and paste. Only thing I haven't done was run as Administrator. I don't know which one I would run like that, the Xpadder file or my controller. I'm not very smart when it comes to this kind of stuff :? . I don't know if it is not working because the game starts in full screen or what. I wish I knew how to take it out of full screen.

SGTCableDog
Xpadder Xpert

Re: Fable the Lost Chapters for PC

Post by SGTCableDog »

90% of the time it is a UAC issue. Windows 7 and Vista prevents programs running with standard user priviledges (Xpadder) from interacting with a program running with elevated prividges (games that use PunkBuster). The fix is to run Xpadder as administrator.

First fully close Xpadder by right clicking the Xpadder icon in the notification area/system tray and choosing "Close".

Next run Xpadder as administrator by right clicking the xpadder.exe application file in Explorer and choose "Run as administrator...", click through the dialog with your physical mouse and then enjoy playing Fable with your controller. :D

fordfanann1

Post by fordfanann1 »

Ok I got the controller to work, but it is limited. I still have to use the keyboard to draw my sword or bow and to get into the menu, use my lighting and spells. About all I can do with the controller is move around, talk or hit. I can give you a link that will show you what the keyboard and mouse do in the game. Is there anyway to fix a Xpadder Profile File so I can use all my game keyboard keys on the controller? Here is the link. http://microsoftgamesinsider.com/pcmanual.htm

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Post by Primal Fear »

Am I right in the guess, that the problem is, that your controller "does not have enough buttons" (there would be a ways to solve this problem)?
Which Controller do you use (Xbox360 or another one)?

fordfanann1

Post by fordfanann1 »

I have Microsoft Xbox 360 controller (has usb). This is the profile I coped and pasted for the controller. http://xpadder.com/phpBB3.0.5/viewtopic.php?f=54&t=1346 I am Crap42633, the one who started that post.

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Post by Primal Fear »

I hope Mobeeuz feels not offend if I say this, but I think this profile is lousy. But it's quite complicated to make a full working profile for this Game, because there are many keys to use, and there are many combinations, that must fit together at the end.
Maybe you should try to make one yourself, or I could do this for you, but it will take some time.

And: You should can draw bow and sword with this profile.

Edit:...and go to menu too.
The problem is, that you had selected set2 (but set selection he had quiet strange solved)
Last edited by Primal Fear on 29 Apr 2010, 20:43, edited 1 time in total.

fordfanann1

Post by fordfanann1 »

Well, as I don't know anything about making a profile any help you can give me I would greatly appreciate. The controls are on page 10 & 11 of the Fable PC manual in this link.

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Post by Primal Fear »

I have Fable here.
Stay patient for the next two or maybe three days, I will make you a better profile.

Mobeeuz
Xpadder Xpert

Post by Mobeeuz »

Primal Fear wrote:I hope Mobeeuz feels not offend if I say this, but I think this profile is lousy.
To each his own but to be fair, it's a duplicate of the original XBOX controls with my addition of trying to mimic the ease-of-use menu system via the set selector (it's pre-Hold Zone Xpadder). I hadn't really meant to release it in any official capacity, it was more for fordfanann1 to play around with and change as desired.

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Post by Primal Fear »

I'm already done. If I want to do something, I can't stop until it's finished.
I posted it in the Elitezone.

Read my small explanation there.

Return to “Other questions”