ps3 controller

kesjan112

ps3 controller

Post by kesjan112 »

Hello i just bought xpadder because people said its so easy to set up and use

What i am trying to do is set up my ps3 controller to work as my keyboard and mouse

I have downloaded the ps3 controller image but when i try to set it up and click buttons nothing happens

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TwX1qjEC ... re=related

i cant get that to happen what shows in the video my when i click button on my ps3 controller nothing happens its just dead, my computer recognizes the controller and all so its not a driver problem, why is nothing happening when i click buttons on my gamepad?

EDIT: ok after reading some responses on that video its clear to me that Xpadder does NOT work with windows 7 as all the people complaining with the same problem as me saying they are using windows 7 also, before i paid for this product it clearly said that xpadder works with windows 7

Technical details?
- Supports Windows XP, Vista and the new 7

but theres 10s of replies on that video saying it does not work on theyre windows 7, i am quite dissapointed really.... i just wasted hours of my time and 10$ for nothing

Is windows 7 support gonna be available sometime in the near future otherwise i would like to request a chargeback?
Last edited by kesjan112 on 06 Jun 2010, 15:31, edited 1 time in total.

x79_animal
Xpadder Xpert

Re: ps3 controller

Post by x79_animal »

okay from what i can gather, you havnt tried installing a ps3 driver. so thats where you should start
- google search for "ps3 controller driver" and install one
- to clarify xpadder does work with windows 7

also . for xpadder to be able to find your controller, it needs to be found by windows in "device manager", for windows to find it, you need to install a driver as i said before

kesjan112

Post by kesjan112 »

hello thank you for the reply, is there nowhere on this site where i can download that driver program if thats what i need for youre program to work? i tried google but im not really sure what im looking for and i dont like to download a bunch of stuff that i dont know if it is safe or not

My ps3 controller already shows up in device manager also, so do i still need a different driver? or is the problem something else?

kesjan112

ok i dont know what to do anymore

Post by kesjan112 »

ive spent way too many hours/days trying to get this working, my ps3 controller does no work i have tried different drivers ive downloaded like 5 different driver files and tried all of them, ive tried youtube guides ive dont it all i just wanna play games, i am using windows 7

any tips, what driver i should get to get my ps3 controller to work with windows 7

is here no support or something on this site ive waited for ages for a reply on my other topic

i just dont know what im supposed to do ive read a bunch of guides here but its all like oh yeah this is so simple just press buttons, but nowhere does it say anything about drivers, when i bought this program i figured ill ship in my ps3 controller in the computer and set up the xpadder but no...... igotta download a bunch of 3rd party softwares to get youre software to work properly wich is a whole project in itself trying to find the right softwares, then installing and i dont know what im supposed to do half of the time

ive spend days trying to get this controller working many hours per day and i spent 10$ for something that doesent even work

i see staff posting in the general section of the forum, but not on my topics? cmon someone please i expect a little help i paid for a software and it did not work using the general setup guide..... so what am i supposed to do now? i dont know what more i can do than to post here....please stop ignoring me
Last edited by SGTCableDog on 06 Jun 2010, 16:42, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Language needs to remain family friendly.

SGTCableDog
Xpadder Xpert

Re: ok i dont know what to do anymore

Post by SGTCableDog »

First relax, second you don't need to install drivers to make Xpadder work, you need drivers to make your controller work with Windows. Once Windows recognizes the controller then Xpadder should be pretty easy.

I think I'm the only mod that has a PS3 controller, I don't use for the simple fact that Sony doesn't provide a driver and the third party drivers that I have tried in the past just never seemed to work right. Here is a topic with the most capable driver I have tried.

[edit] I moved and merged these topics because it was becoming hard to keep track of everything. Also, you have to give us some time, we're volunteers and might be in a different time zone. You originally posted in the early hours relative to my clock. 8)

kesjan112

Post by kesjan112 »

just wow at that topic i have no idea what any of that is i try to dig trough all of that text understanding 1% of it but i cant find a download link to a driver in there all i see is a bunch of

10/05/03@@ƒy[ƒWXV
10/04/21@@ƒy[ƒWXV
10/02/19@@ƒXƒ‰ƒCƒ_[“ü—Í‚Ì”½“]‹@”\’ljÁ(DX”Å)
@@ƒhƒ‰ƒCƒo[§ŒäŒnˆ—‚̕ύXEC³(’ʏíEDX‹¤’Ê)
@@‹@”\’ljÁ‚¨‚æ‚яC³‚É”º‚¤Ý’èƒ\ƒtƒg‚̍XV
09/12/09@@Ý’èƒ\ƒtƒg‚Ö‚Ì‹@”\’ljÁ‚ƈꕔ‹@”\‚ÌŽd—l•ÏX
09/12/03 Ý’èƒ\ƒtƒg‚Ì64bit‘Ήž‚Æ‹@”\’ljÁ
09/08/11 ˆê•”‚̃Šƒ“ƒN‚ªŠÔˆá‚Á‚Ä‚¢‚½‚Ì‚ðC³
09/06/11@@Ž²Š„‚è“–‚ĕύXŽž‚Ì“ü—̓f[ƒ^‰ÁH‡˜‚ð•ÏXiDX”Łj
i‹Œj“ü—̓f[ƒ^→ƒfƒbƒhƒ][ƒ““K—p→“ü—Í•ÏŠ·‹Èü“K—p
iVj“ü—̓f[ƒ^→“ü—Í•ÏŠ·‹Èü“K—p→ƒfƒbƒhƒ][ƒ““K—p
09/05/20@@Ý’èƒ\ƒtƒg‚̃hƒLƒ…ƒƒ“ƒgC³
09/05/19@@Ž²Š„‚è“–‚ĕύXŽž‚Ì“ü—̓f[ƒ^‚É•ÏŠ·‹Èü‚ð“K—p‚Å‚«‚é‚悤‚ɕύX(DX”Å)
’ljÁ‹@”\‚ׂ̈̏ˆ—’ljÁE•ÏX(’ʏíEDX‹¤’Ê)
ã‹L•ÏX‚É”º‚¤Ý’èƒ\ƒtƒg‚̏C³
09/05/06@@ƒhƒ‰ƒCƒo[‚ÌŽd—l•ÏX‚É”º‚¤C³‚¨‚æ‚уoƒOC³
ƒhƒ‰ƒCƒo[“®ì’†‚Ì“®“I‚Ȑݒè•ÏX
Ž²Š„‚è“–‚Ä•û–@‚̒ljÁ
ã‹L•ÏX‚É”º‚¤Ý’èƒ\ƒtƒg‚̏C³
09/02/09@@DX”Ńhƒ‰ƒCƒo[‚̏C³
09/01/31@@˜AŽË‹@”\‚Æ•ÏŠ·‹Èü‚̒ljÁiDX”Łj
Ý’èƒ\ƒtƒg‚̏C³
09/01/18@@DX”Ńhƒ‰ƒCƒo[‚Ìinfƒtƒ@ƒCƒ‹C³
Ý’èƒ\ƒtƒg‚Ì‹@”\’ljÁ
Ý’èƒ\ƒtƒg‚̉pŒê”Łiƒ\ƒtƒg‚̂݁j’ljÁ
09/01/15@@U“®‹@”\ƒhƒ‰ƒCƒo[‚̐ݒè‹@”\Ø‚è‘Ö‚¦ƒ\ƒtƒg’ljÁ
09/01/03@@DX”Ńhƒ‰ƒCƒo[‚̏C³
08/12/25@@U“®‹@”\ƒhƒ‰ƒCƒo[‚̏C³

Also windows does recognise my controller it shows in control panel place as ps3 controller

Would it fix all my problems to just go out and buy an xbox controller? if it is not possible to get ps3 controller working properly with xpadder

it would just really suck if i bought xbox controller for like 50$ or whatever they are and then that wouldnt work with this program either :S
Last edited by kesjan112 on 06 Jun 2010, 18:25, edited 1 time in total.

SGTCableDog
Xpadder Xpert

Post by SGTCableDog »

The site is in Japanese and it looks like he has updated the drivers; driver, config tool. I remember that the Dualshock3 does showup in the Game Controllers control panel because the usb guid reports as a controller but because there are no drivers available Windows doesn't know about the raw data from the controller. In my experience with this controller was it was more trouble than its worth. I wish Sony would wise up and release a Windows driver then they would sell more controllers.

Perhaps other users more familiar with this controller can offer more help.

kesjan112

Post by kesjan112 »

403Error - Forbidden

Mobeeuz
Xpadder Xpert

Post by Mobeeuz »

I noticed the driver for the PS3 controller is unsigned and you have to run a program to place Win 7 into test mode to make it work. Did you go through all that nonsense to set it up? Personally I wouldn't want to degrade my system security for any controller, but that's me. You must have a friend/cousin/brother with a 360 controller, ask him to bring it over for 30 secs and you'll have your solution.

Source information here.

EDIT: A better solution may be here.
Last edited by Mobeeuz on 06 Jun 2010, 18:39, edited 1 time in total.

SGTCableDog
Xpadder Xpert

Post by SGTCableDog »

Looks like we can't link straight to the download. Have to go to the site. Download the second and fourth links. The downloads have English instructions.

kesjan112

Post by kesjan112 »

Mobeeuz wrote:I noticed the driver for the PS3 controller is unsigned and you have to run a program to place Win 7 into test mode to make it work. Did you go through all that nonsense to set it up? Personally I wouldn't want to degrade my system security for any controller, but that's me. You must have a friend/cousin/brother with a 360 controller, ask him to bring it over for 30 secs and you'll have your solution.

Source information here.

EDIT: A better solution may be here.

duuuuuude.......lol just glancing over that guide a bit i can tell right now thats gonna take me a solid day to install

im just gonna go and buy a xbox controller lol, i wish they would have warned me somewhere tho that its really hard to get xpadder working with ps3 controller i woulda never bought this program, i just wanted to test it out and try how it is to play online poker with gamepad+shortkeys but this is just not worth it anymore

SGTCableDog
Xpadder Xpert

Post by SGTCableDog »

I just tried installing the Japanese driver and it failed due to 64 bit WIndows and unsighned drivers even though his site says is 64 bit compatable. And like Mobeeuz, I'm not going to degrade security for a hack to get a non-compatable controller to work. To let you know, if you plan on buying a wireless 360 controller you will also need the wireless receiver for Windows. Be sure to look for the Windows compatable hardware logo. 8)

x79_animal
Xpadder Xpert

Post by x79_animal »

hello again, ive been busy revising and i have 11 exams next week so please dont get annoyed with me at least =]
ok so. you might try to install drivers but they wont come up in the list. that is because they are unsigned. to make them come up you need to run in test mode.
to run in test mode you can either, press f8 at boot and select test mode (might be difficult to find)
Or. you can run this little .exe http://www.mediafire.com/?hjjjj4y2n1w and select *run in test mode* and reboot.

When your in test mode, it says it on the desktop
I made an image so you can see.
http://img4.imageshack.us/img4/8749/testmode.jpg

it probably seems in your eyes that theres alot of hidden hoops needed to jump through, but once the drivers are working right i assure you it will work

FARSTRIDER
Xpadder Xpert

Post by FARSTRIDER »

SGTCableDog wrote:I just tried installing the Japanese driver and it failed due to 64 bit WIndows and unsighned drivers even though his site says is 64 bit compatable. And like Mobeeuz, I'm not going to degrade security for a hack to get a non-compatable controller to work. To let you know, if you plan on buying a wireless 360 controller you will also need the wireless receiver for Windows. Be sure to look for the Windows compatable hardware logo. 8)
thats the thing most people dont understand when they buy a pc with preinstalled 7 its more than likely going to have 64bit unless its a netbook

either way you look @ it will cost 50 in total for either ver. of the 360/GFW controller(or you go with a logitech/madcatz xinput controller) but if you dont like white the wireless is the only 1st party way to go

i wouldnt mind degrading security of a boot camp part.

amnesiahaze

Post by amnesiahaze »

ive read a bunch of guides here but its all like oh yeah this is so simple just press buttons, but nowhere does it say anything about drivers, when i bought this program i figured ill ship in my ps3 controller in the computer and set up the xpadder but no...... igotta download a bunch of 3rd party softwares to get youre software to work properly wich is a whole project in itself trying to find the right softwares, then installing and i dont know what im supposed to do half of the time

ive spend days trying to get this controller working many hours per day and i spent 10$ for something that doesent even work

so

im just gonna go and buy a xbox controller lol, i wish they would have warned me somewhere tho that its really hard to get xpadder working with ps3 controller i woulda never bought this program, i just wanted to test it out and try how it is to play online poker with gamepad+shortkeys but this is just not worth it anymore

but i read this ...
"To let you know, if you plan on buying a wireless 360 controller you will also need the wireless receiver for Windows."

uhh!??

:/

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Post by Primal Fear »

Yes, I would recommend to use any Windows compatible controller. :shifty:
If your controller isn't detected by Windows, it cannot work with any program.

amnesiahaze wrote:but i read this ...
"To let you know, if you plan on buying a wireless 360 controller you will also need the wireless receiver for Windows."

uhh!??
If you buy a PC version (with Windows compatible logo), it will include this receiver. Only if you want to use an Xbox360 version you need to buy such an receiver separately, to connect it too your PC.

Return to “Other questions”